lissie7
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Explain, in terms of particles in the metal, how heat energy is transferred through the base of the saucepan.

Any help would be appreciated please because I'm really struggling with this subject because my class has a bad teacher.....
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by lissie7)
Explain, in terms of particles in the metal, how heat energy is transferred through the base of the saucepan.

Any help would be appreciated please because I'm really struggling with this subject because my class has a bad teacher.....
Basically, when heat energy (in form of heat) hits the particles in the metal, the particles are put in movement. Thanks to that movement of particles the heat is transferred from one particles to another ones. And so the heat is transferring through the saucepan.

Or in short: particles which come with heat energy together are in movement. This movement transfers the heat to rigid particles. And so it goes on.
lissie7
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
Basically, when heat energy (in form of heat) hits the particles in the metal, the particles are put in movement. Thanks to that movement of particles the heat is transferred from one particles to another ones. And so the heat is transferring through the saucepan.

Or in short: particles which come with heat energy together are in movement. This movement transfers the heat to rigid particles. And so it goes on.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by lissie7)
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
You are welcome. It was my pleasure to help you. I am glad that you got it thanks to my explanation.
KingAuthor
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just to add on to the above post, heat energy is also known as kinetic energy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by KingAuthor)
Just to add on to the above post, heat energy is also known as kinetic energy
Do you mean the moment where heat has an effect on rigid atoms to put them into motion?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (17)
13.18%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (31)
24.03%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (57)
44.19%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (20)
15.5%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
3.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise