Biology, Maths, Psychology, Sociology, Health&Social Care

Watch this thread
Lola16
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm thinking about subjects I want to take in college. My options are: Maths, Psychology OR Sociology, Biology OR Health&Social Care.
(you don't have to answer all the questions just answer at least one if you can)
1) I want to take maths but I heard people say that it's very hard. I'm predicted an A in GCSE but I'm still worried that it'll be too hard for me
2) I'm not very good at biology however I want to do something related to social work or medicine (haven't decided yet) so biology will open up more options for me when I go to uni. Should I take it?
3) I don't know whether I should do psychology or sociology. I find human behaviour very interesting but don't know which one is better
4) Is health and social care a good A-level to take? I heard that universities don't like H&SC

Thank you very much.
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Tank Girl)
x
TrojanH
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Maths is very hard. Put in the time and it will still be very hard. Put in more time and you'll make the grade.
Psychology is better suited for a career path like that.
Nothing likes H&SC unless you want to do social care. Pick a better option.

Best to pick A levels based on what you want to do later in life.

However Bio Maths Psych is good combo that will open up most, if not all, doors

Posted from TSR Mobile
emiloujess
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Lola16)
I'm thinking about subjects I want to take in college. My options are: Maths, Psychology OR Sociology, Biology OR Health&Social Care.
(you don't have to answer all the questions just answer at least one if you can)
1) I want to take maths but I heard people say that it's very hard. I'm predicted an A in GCSE but I'm still worried that it'll be too hard for me
2) I'm not very good at biology however I want to do something related to social work or medicine (haven't decided yet) so biology will open up more options for me when I go to uni. Should I take it?
3) I don't know whether I should do psychology or sociology. I find human behaviour very interesting but don't know which one is better
4) Is health and social care a good A-level to take? I heard that universities don't like H&SC

Thank you very much.
1) Maths is hard but if you put in the work you should be fine.
2) Look at degrees in the subject you want to do and see if there are any required subjects
3) This is hard, haha Psychology is more science-y, Sociology is more essay based so they are both good for different reasons. I do both subjects.
4) H&SC is a mix of Bio, Psychology and Sociology anyway.

Hope this helps!
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
H&SC is the most pointless A-level with little value (I took it for AS)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
21.18%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
12.94%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (5)
5.88%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (15)
17.65%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (17)
20%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
22.35%

Watched Threads