The Student Room Group

Would you be more OK with Page 3 if the models covered up?

Poll

Would you be more OK with Page 3 if the models covered up?

If the models were wearing dresses or casual clothes, would you find it less offensive?
I find it more offensive that people still count the Sun as journalism.

To the OP: No. There is no reason why women choosing to model that way is "offensive" either. It's tacky and tasteless, but to call it "offensive" is a huge stretch.
(edited 8 years ago)
I don't see the point in having fully dressed and/or naked girls in a source that is meant to be informative. What do you need to be informed about, what the female mammary glands look like so that your mind can be at peace or wha? :erm:
Reply 3
Original post by Fango_Jett
I find it more offensive that people still count the Sun as journalism.

To the OP: No. There is no reason why women choosing to model is "offensive" either. It's tacky and tasteless, but to call it "offensive" is a huge stretch.

Tacky and tasteless, in your personal opinion.
Just add a topless man with a nice body on a different page.
Reply 5
Yep, can't wait for Page 3: Saudi Arabian version, where the models are looking seductive in their full-body burqas, with one ankle showing slightly.

Really gets the blood pumping.
Original post by Arkasia
Yep, can't wait for Page 3: Saudi Arabian version, where the models are looking seductive in their full-body burqas, with one ankle showing slightly.

Really gets the blood pumping.

Dem eyes

Ohhhh show ankle bby :sexface:
Reply 7
Original post by thecatwithnohat
I don't see the point in having fully dressed and/or naked girls in a source that is meant to be informative. What do you need to be informed about, what the female mammary glands look like so that your mind can be at peace or wha? :erm:

I would hardly say that the main function of The Sun is to be "informative". It's mostly just a rag made to entertain people with showbiz news and massively over the top and ridiculous representations of real life events and events invented by Rupert Murdoch's gang.
Reply 8
Original post by BestBehaviour
Dem eyes

Ohhhh show ankle bby :sexface:

Das it mane, show me dem ankle-socks :sexface:

Ohh 80% cotton? You so dirty :colone:

Haha, this.

I voted tfor "page 3 doesn't bother me anyway".

The "issue" over it is a pointless distraction for people looking for a cause where there is none.
Women exist, women can be naked, some women are willing to be naked for money.

It's 2015, and while I might think it sorta crude, anyone genuinely offended by the thought of some topless pictures in a trashy newspaper seriously need to reconsider their priorities.

Especially since most of these people don;t even read the Sun.

Just smacks of some prudish reactionary Victorian attitudes.

Humans find other humans sexually attractive, news at 11.

Best option right here. Just get a male and put him in the same/similar pose on the next page and voila: equality in objectification
Reply 11

I actually sincerely support this. No one seems to take this idea seriously, but I really don't see why not.
#freethenipple #banpage3

But yeah anyone who finds a woman choosing to get her tits out offensive needs to grow up. If they started dressing page 3 models it wouldn't bother me it would just make it pointless

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't have a problem with page three, and not for the obvious reason. I just don't think it's a big deal. I take more issue with the rest of the content of The Sun.
Original post by thecatwithnohat

I don't see the point in having George Clooney's latest wedding, agony aunt columns or horoscopes in a source which is supposed to be 'informative.'

What of it?

Original post by Fango_Jett
Best option right here. Just get a male and put him in the same/similar pose on the next page and voila: equality in objectification

They already had one, must be over ten years ago now. It was a daily page 7 fella.
Stripped to the waist or in trunks in similar poses as the page 3 girls.
Funny enough no men complained. I believe the abandoned it because of the lack of interest from their female readership.
Wouldn't care if they were completely bare, it's not offensive in the slightest. We were born naked so whatever.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending