Turn on thread page Beta

How to get a good grade in GCSE geography controlled assessment? watch

ReputationRep:
    My exam board is Edexcel and we are doing a controlled assessment on Slapton Sands and Dawlish Warren. It is probably the most challenging subject for me right now because of the coursework.
    Do you guys have any tips for how to get a decent grade like an A in the coursework? Much appreciated.

Dammm Mine was AQA, but I did get full marks in my coursework. But you're doing Edexcel sooo... it might differ :-/ not sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FaisalNaeem03)
    Dammm Mine was AQA, but I did get full marks in my coursework. But you're doing controlled assessment sooo... it might differ :-/ not sure
    What did you do to get such a great mark? Did you analyse your data you collected? And if so, how did you do it?

ReputationRep:
    Got full marks in the controlled assessment, edexcel B.

Is yours on coasts? I still have all my documents I can tell you roughly what I wrote for any given section

Well I did 16,000 words... It's kinda like statistics just find the correlation, and use like many graphs. I need to refresh my mind on it, because I did Geography in year 10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11ahf)
    Got full marks in the controlled assessment, edexcel B.

Is yours on coasts? I still have all my documents I can tell you roughly what I wrote for any given section
    I would very much appreciate if you could do that. We are doing our assessment on coasts as well.

ReputationRep:
    Dammm Mine was AQA, but I did get full marks in my coursework. But you're doing Edexcel sooo... it might differ :-/ not sure
    Mine's AQA could you help me with mine - how did you get A*??

(Original post by bloxman28)
    I would very much appreciate if you could do that. We are doing our assessment on coasts as well.
    I can still help you if you need it although we did Population and Tourism

ReputationRep:
    I did aqa and got 56/60 so ask away. Although this was 2 years ago I'll try my best to remember

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by xGCSE_Studentx)
    Mine's AQA could you help me with mine - how did you get A*??
    Sure!! What Topic is your coursework on?

ReputationRep:
    Sure!! What Topic is your coursework on?
    Tourism

ReputationRep:
    Is it one where you're looking at beach features as opposed to the effect on the cliffs? We might be doing the same exam, just I did mine in April!

Anywhere in particular or do you just want me to go through every low control section of my coursework?

(Original post by xGCSE_Studentx)
    Tourism
    I can help you PM me

ReputationRep:
    =I can tell you roughly what I wrote for any given section
    Could you please tell me how to get good marks in the first section: Purpose of investigation where you describe the area that you are collecting data from?
    Also the analysis of data and the Evaluation of the entire project

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11ahf)
    Is it one where you're looking at beach features as opposed to the effect on the cliffs? We might be doing the same exam, just I did mine in April!

Anywhere in particular or do you just want me to go through every low control section of my coursework?
    No, mine is based on how longshore drift and management strategies create different shaped coastal landforms. Somewhat similar though

ReputationRep:
    No, mine is based on how longshore drift and management strategies create different shaped coastal landforms. Somewhat similar though
    Okay, so we had a master sheet from our geography teacher with the specification on. I don't know whether you've been given one, but it was extraordinarily useful, so I'll help you find a similar one if you don't have one.

Have you started it yet, i.e. conducted background research or collected your primary data? I don't want to give you in depth advice for sections you've already done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11ahf)
    Okay, so we had a master sheet from our geography teacher with the specification on. I don't know whether you've been given one, but it was extraordinarily useful, so I'll help you find a similar one if you don't have one.

Have you started it yet, i.e. conducted background research or collected your primary data? I don't want to give you in depth advice for sections you've already done
    Yes, I am far into it. All that is left is my analysis of data, evaluation, a few data presentation techniques and Conclusion. However, I am concerned about the quality of my Purpose of Investigation and background research

ReputationRep:
    I did Edexcel and got 100%. Produced a 140 page document I think lmao.

Make sure you use a wide range of methods to present your data and comment analytically.

ReputationRep:
    I was 2 marks off 100% for edexcel, wrote a book so was penalised for surpassing the word limit.

To succeed, keep it concise, write detailed notes for each section - to make it as much a copy and paste job as possible. Highlight every heading (presentation marks), and annotate the living daylight out of every picture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILovePancakes)
    I did Edexcel and got 100%. Produced a 140 page document I think lmao.

Make sure you use a wide range of methods to present your data and comment analytically.
    (Original post by Stegosaurus99)
    I was 2 marks off 100% for edexcel, wrote a book so was penalised for surpassing the word limit.To succeed, keep it concise, write detailed notes for each section - to make it as much a copy and paste job as possible. Highlight every heading (presentation marks), and annotate the living daylight out of every picture.

How did you guys print those novels?

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.