Do you think guys are the more romantic gender?

Watch
Forumaddict
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I know in the media its usually portrayed that girls are the ones with romantic wishes and guys just want sex but really I think in real life the opposite is true. Throughout my observations ive mostly seen guys get feelings for girls more than the other way round. It also kinda makes sense for men to be more romantic than women since back in caveman times and man would be the one protecting the girl from danger etc rather than the other way round and also since women are the childbearers it makes sesne for men to love the women since they will create future children whereas women dont really need to love men
Mpagtches
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Women are sex-crazed lunatics and men really just want to give them flowers :sadnod:
Forumaddict
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Mpagtches)
Women are sex-crazed lunatics and men really just want to give them flowers :sadnod:
I actually think this is mostly true
AvaAdore
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Obviously there is a mix and you can't say one gender is more romantic than the other. I feel like you are also talking about heterosexual romances only, which is very limiting.

I also believe the connection you have with someone can influence your behaviour. Therefore with one partner you may feel inclined to be romantic and with a later partner express your feelings differently.
username1560589
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
PRSOM
Proxenus
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well traditionally men take the romantic actions - propose, arranging formal dates etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
ChickenMadness
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
obviously. Men setup all the romantic dates and actions.
scrotgrot
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Duh, men love women, women love babies.

Women can be givers and receivers of love, just watch them with their friends. But men can't be receivers of love.

Love in the above meaning protection and care.

Therefore what women think is love, i.e. what they experience with their boyfriends, is really what it feels like to be loved. I'd definitely suggest that to get an idea of what love is like for a man a woman should think about what she feels and does for her closest friends. I have always observed more love and self-sacrifice there.

When your girlfriend does romantic or caring things for you it is nice but it does desexualise the situation. She is taking a maternal role and you a prepubescent one. And it is inherently unstable, only a temporary situation.
SaucissonSecCy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Apparently women are in reality less monogamous, not sure I believe that, but I certainly think they are more geared to having kids, and being bonded to those kids, whereas the guy can deeply love the woman for her own sake-the woman just more wants that guys resources kids etc.
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I hope so. I want to be with one eventually.
SaucissonSecCy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by scrotgrot)
Duh, men love women, women love babies.

Women can be givers and receivers of love, just watch them with their friends. But men can't be receivers of love.
Wow, not the only one who thinks that. I guess it's obvious, in a weird way. How do you mean men can't be 'receivers' though specifically?
Kvothe the Arcane
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think women are the more romantic ones.
SaucissonSecCy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by scrotgrot)
I'd definitely suggest that to get an idea of what love is like for a man a woman should think about what she feels and does for her closest friends. I have always observed more love and self-sacrifice there.
Sure that isn't your own issue?, no offence. There are women who don;t trust other women and don't 'self-sacrifice' for them, yet do love men. Not sure I believe your theory.
SaucissonSecCy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This is bumpworthy.
samina_ay
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Romantic guys holla me. LOOOOOL GUYS WHO ARE ROMANTIC ACTUALLY EXIST?
Retired_Messiah
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by samina_ay)
Usually we're only romantic towards people we're romantically attracted to.

Perhaps the lads just don't fancy you, fam, hence you will not have seen a romantic man out in the wild.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nice question. To speak about myself, I am a man with romantic, even with idealistic thoughts about love. But kno an adult girl who has the same thoughts like me. Would almiost say that romantic thoughts arise in higher ages.
samina_ay
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Retired_Messiah)
Usually we're only romantic towards people we're romantically attracted to.

Perhaps the lads just don't fancy you, fam, hence you will not have seen a romantic man out in the wild.
I will cry myself to sleep every night cos of your mean comment
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by samina_ay)
You have called a romantic man? here I am. I don't think that I am the only one...
samina_ay
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
You have called a romantic man? here I am. I don't think that I am the only one...
Lol probs is
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (105)
15.56%
Uncertainty around my education (109)
16.15%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (63)
9.33%
Isolating with family (45)
6.67%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (27)
4%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (57)
8.44%
Loneliness (71)
10.52%
Financial worries (27)
4%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (61)
9.04%
Exposure to negative news/social media (45)
6.67%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (65)
9.63%

Watched Threads