I need braces...

Watch
KingAuthor
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
To put it simply, I need braces.
My teeth aren't aligned and are growing all directions at the moment and it's hideous. I've tried asking my parents if they'll allow me to have braces but they keep saying no and that I don't need them.
One reason I want them is for my own personal health in the future and two is because people just insult me for having bad teeth.
I literally see people walking around and smiling at each other but I can't because I hate my smile.

Is there a way to convince my parents to allow me to get braces? I'm sure the NHS will allow me to attain them for free (I'm 16) as now my gums have started to bleed when I'm bushing my teeth which is again a sign of gum disease...
But the other problem is that my parents are just scared to pay money to dentists.

I really, really, really need them and I'm not sure what to do...

Posted from TSR Mobile
z33
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
take them with you to the dentist (make some random appointment saying you're experiencing pain when chewing or something)

when you get there and the whole check up is done, ask you dentist about braces. Then be like "do i have to pay?" and they'll explain the whole NHS thing to your parents

that's how i did it anyway lol
IFoundWonderland
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't pay for the dentist and didn't have to pay for my braces. My teeth weren't that bad either (I got them free for being a student's phd guinea pig).

Just go to your local nhs dentist. It should be free if you're still in full-time education.
smilesatgalleria
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Not only do braces help cosmetically by giving you a much more attractive smile, they can actually improve the overall health of your teeth and gums as well. Overcrowded teeth are prone to cavities and plaque. and you can go any other dentist clinic it should be free time education.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (56)
17.28%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (92)
28.4%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (121)
37.35%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.58%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.4%

Watched Threads