V.rama
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi guys I really need some help with my a-levels. For my As I got a E in chemistry and a U in biology I wanna study biomedical sciences at uni currently I'm in year 13 doing history, psychology and chemistry I was wondering wether I should drop chemistry and pick up biology or keep chemistry even though it's really hard please help me with my issue
spiritless98
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
For biomedical science biology is essential.. Unless you had extenuating circumstances, I'd advice against you doing biomed at university as you got a U in biology AS
Be aware that A2 is much harder then AS
And University is much harder than A2
Take this into account, speak to your teachers.. Consider retaking all of AS bio and Chem to bump up your grade
Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Camerooni
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hello,

What I really think you should do is talk to your teacher and parents to see what they think. However, personally I would not drop either biology nor chemistry as I have looked into biochemistry myself, and biology and chemistry both seem to be required or very popular subjects that UNIs want. This however, will come at working extremely hard, and I would definitely consider retaking those AS exams, and then nail your A2 exams! I'm currently taking my A-Levels as a single course (no AS), and I'm studying physics, chemistry and biology and I'm hoping to study medical at UNI, and my teachers say to get the best grades, for every hour you put in at school, put in an hour at home which means I'm more or less doing 4 hours of homework / study each night.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (717)
33.77%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (911)
42.91%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (402)
18.94%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.38%

Watched Threads