The Student Room Group

HKU / CUHK Medicine Non-JUPAS Applicants 2016

Hello all, this thread is dedicated to all the applicants applying through Non-JUPAS for HKU and CUHK medicine 2016 entry.

HKU and CUHK admission is now open.
Deadlines for HKU applications
Fast track : November 16, 2015 (12:00 noon in Hong Kong Time)
Main Round: December 30, 2015 (12:00 noon in Hong Kong Time)
http://www.als.hku.hk/admission/intl/admission

Deadlines for CUHK applications
Advance Offer : November 17, 2015 (11:59 p.m.)
Regular: January 5, 2016 (11:59 p.m.)
http://www.oafa.cuhk.edu.hk/adm/nonj...r-1-admissions
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am applying through the fast track. But apparently graduates are not expecting to hear the results until late June or even later. It will be a long, daunting wait which I am not looking forward to :s-smilie:.
Original post by ArGu
I am applying through the fast track. But apparently graduates are not expecting to hear the results until late June or even later. It will be a long, daunting wait which I am not looking forward to :s-smilie:.

I'm going to go main round. Don't want to have a terrible situation of UK and HK interviews overlapping, especially as I'd have to fly places!
Reply 3
Original post by ah639
I'm going to go main round. Don't want to have a terrible situation of UK and HK interviews overlapping, especially as I'd have to fly places!

Cool! Are you going to have backup?
Reply 4
I'm applying in the main round too but as a high school student. I think only high school students with outstanding results will receive an interview before June, since the final results are not out until June or August (for A-levels).
Reply 5
Do graduate students have to wait until June? any links would be appreciated..
Reply 6
I just read throught the posts on the 2015 applicants thread. Most people said that they had to wait
Reply 7
Does anyone know whether CUHK interviews applicants early if they apply through the Advance offer route? I couldn't find any information about fast track on the CUHK website.
Reply 8
Original post by ArGu
Does anyone know whether CUHK interviews applicants early if they apply through the Advance offer route? I couldn't find any information about fast track on the CUHK website.

I've read on previous entry threads that if you apply through the advance offer route, you're most likely to get an interview during December to February. It may changes though, but I assumed they are around that time period. Also, if you don't get into the advance offer route, you will be placed in the main round.
Reply 9
I emailed them, and unfortunately CUHK doesn't consider Non-JUPAS degree holders during the advanced deadline for their med program. Degree holders will have to wait until June or July until interviews are issued.
Reply 10
Original post by Mac2016
I emailed them, and unfortunately CUHK doesn't consider Non-JUPAS degree holders during the advanced deadline for their med program. Degree holders will have to wait until June or July until interviews are issued.

Thank you for your information! Does that mean degree holder is slightly disadvantaged by not being able to enter the advance offer pool?

Also would it be possible to change the interview time? I am planning to go abroad in the gap year but the dates of the interview seem so unpredictable...
Reply 11
I'll be going to the information sessions in novemeber to hku and cuhk. Got any questions that you might want to ask but not in hong kong?
Reply 12
Original post by faisalm
I'll be going to the information sessions in novemeber to hku and cuhk. Got any questions that you might want to ask but not in hong kong?

I will be in Hong Kong in November. Maybe it's a good idea for me to go.
Reply 13
are the cut-offs for interviews (across all subjects/ best 3/ other ways) 95ums for both cuhk and hku?
Reply 14
Original post by ArGu
Thank you for your information! Does that mean degree holder is slightly disadvantaged by not being able to enter the advance offer pool?

Also would it be possible to change the interview time? I am planning to go abroad in the gap year but the dates of the interview seem so unpredictable...

That's a great question actually. I would suggest emailing them that one, because I am unsure myself. It wouldn't be disadvantaged I believe since you are compared with all the other degree holders as well at a later time. If you find out though, can you post it in the forum?
Reply 15
Original post by faisalm

Thanks for offering! I'm in Canada actually, so would it be possible for you to send me any notes? Specifically, I am just curious about information for degree holders, the number of students they accept each year, the competitive academic cutoffs, and especially when we will be expected to hear back (so I can plan for interview dates) .
Reply 16
Original post by Mac2016
Thanks for offering! I'm in Canada actually, so would it be possible for you to send me any notes? Specifically, I am just curious about information for degree holders, the number of students they accept each year, the competitive academic cutoffs, and especially when we will be expected to hear back (so I can plan for interview dates) .

Yes sure, pm me your email. Also for undergraduate and graduate students CUHK has some statistics in pdf file, which is like called notes for admission?. Check their website its there. They had 800 application for 90 places which works out to around 1:9. Best of luck! :biggrin:
Reply 17
Original post by faisalm
Yes sure, pm me your email. Also for undergraduate and graduate students CUHK has some statistics in pdf file, which is like called notes for admission?. Check their website its there. They had 800 application for 90 places which works out to around 1:9. Best of luck! :biggrin:

That's the statistics for non-jupas application right? The 90 places also include high school applicants.
Reply 18
Just to confirm, for degree holders would we be considered Non-JUPAS or international students? I don't have a HKID, but my parents are both immigrants from Hong Kong.
Reply 19
Yes its for non-jupas only. check this link
http://www.med.cuhk.edu.hk/eng/main/Admission_Note_Medicine.pdf

Quick Reply

Latest