Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

PHP Project Ideas watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any ideas for a simple project that I can write using PHP to help me learn the language?

I need to find somnething to make that's got some code and preferably invloves MySQL databases but I don't know what to make

ReputationRep:
    News system? That's about the best thing I've done in any language, lol. Calendar thingy? Umm..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    News system? That's about the best thing I've done in any language, lol. Calendar thingy? Umm..
    Yeah I suppose... I want something with a real purpose tho lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pixelfairy #1)
    Yeah I suppose... I want something with a real purpose tho lol
    Bah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    Bah.
    lol I don't know... I may just jump in with my Upper 6th project

ReputationRep:
    lol I don't know... I may just jump in with my Upper 6th project
    Erm... A Calendar system?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nofronting)
    Erm... A Calendar system?
    lol no I've still got no idea what I'm going to do... but I'm sure ill think of something

ReputationRep:
    a forum?
    you can also have ago at sending automated emails, as well as data access

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atom)
    a forum?
    Thanks A simple forum's quite a good idea... and I also like the email idea

I might have a go at one of these newsletter tools that emails several hundred people the same thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atom)
    a forum?
    Yeah, a forum is a good idea. I think a good "all rounder" project is a shopping cart system.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nofronting)
    Yeah, a forum is a good idea. I think a good "all rounder" project is a shopping cart system.
    True, and the shopping cart system would be good as a project because it's got a commercial application Thanks

ReputationRep:
    True, and the shopping cart system would be good as a project because it's got a commercial application Thanks
    I wouldn't do this for an A2 project though because there are too many PHP shopping cart systems available! I would go for something more rare. I did a calendar system for my college.

ReputationRep:
    If by "has a commercial application" you mean you expect to be able to sell it, don't get your hopes up...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThePants999)
    If by "has a commercial application" you mean you expect to be able to sell it, don't get your hopes up...
    No but since the Upper 6th project has to have a real application, then that's what I meant by 'commercial application'... something that would be designed to solve a company's problem, as it's easier to explain in the documentation

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.