Hobbies!! Watch

This discussion is closed.
sparkly_tiara
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Hey everyone!

I am going to college in September and am studying (or am hoping to) Biology, Chemistry, English Literature, Law and Geology! I was just wondering how much spare time do you think i will have for extra curricular activites a night with that workload, bearing in mind that i definatley want to put my studies first! Also, what extra curriculars do you lot do whilst your at college? Thanks in advance for posting!

Lou
xxx
ToshTrent
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sparkly_tiara)
Hey everyone!

I am going to college in September and am studying (or am hoping to) Biology, Chemistry, English Literature, Law and Geology! I was just wondering how much spare time do you think i will have for extra curricular activites a night with that workload, bearing in mind that i definatley want to put my studies first! Also, what extra curriculars do you lot do whilst your at college? Thanks in advance for posting!

Lou
xxx
You will have some work to do at home, but not enough to interfer with your social life. Still have enough till for part-time work, no more that 16 hours a week though. And the workload shouldn't affect your weekends either. Hour or two a night worth or course work max.
sparkly_tiara
Rep:
?
bump
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It depends on the course, my course manual says 12 hours per week per module which equates to 12*6 72 hours a week which is overkill. I would say you need to probably spend at least 40 hours a week studying (including lectures) though. Certain subjects command higher workload than others.
Kalypso
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
It depends on the course, my course manual says 12 hours per week per module which equates to 12*6 72 hours a week which is overkill. I would say you need to probably spend at least 40 hours a week studying (including lectures) though. Certain subjects command higher workload than others.
But the subjects mentioned above were for A levels, not degree level work...
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by grey faerie)
But the subjects mentioned above were for A levels, not degree level work...
Sorry I miss read that, I thought she said University.
sparkly_tiara
Rep:
?
Thanks anyway AT! have you got any idea though about AS levels or what you did whilst you did them? Thanks

Lou
xxxx
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (142)
45.95%
Pro-humanity (167)
54.05%

Watched Threads