Want more information about this university?
shirlhey
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi I'm looking to start Uni next year to do Philosophy and English, and while I'm weighing up different options a pros and cons list would be really helpful if anyone could give me information on student life there? thanks
Bangor Uni
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by shirlhey)
Hi I'm looking to start Uni next year to do Philosophy and English, and while I'm weighing up different options a pros and cons list would be really helpful if anyone could give me information on student life there? thanks
Hi there,

The social life is great at Bangor, we have over 150 clubs and societies to choose from which are all free to join, the night life is great too with plenty of bars around. Everything in Bangor is within walking distance, therefore you would save a lot on travel expense. Also the majority of our students are English spoken but we do have students that come from all over the world

If you would like any more information please don't hesitate to ask us.

Sera (Bangor Official Rep)
lxbricxnt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
the cons: everything is on a hill/ mountain
Harri2648
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by shirlhey)
I'm a student here at the moment

The pros:
- all societies are free
-free membership to the gym
- accommodation is really good! It's quite modern
- its not a party town, there's 2 main nightclubs that hold events and everything else is pubs! if you're not a party animal then its great
- plenty of shops to shop in
- everything's in walking distance
- you study with the sea on one side of you and Snowdon on the other! It's so picturesque
- plenty of job opportunities! Bangor offer the BEA award so by volunteering and helping out you earn yourself points which then enhances your employability prospects.
-everyone is really friendly!

the cons
- everythings on a hill (but a taxi back to your halls from Asda with a huge shop is £3)
Abymukoko
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Bangor Uni)
Hi there,

The social life is great at Bangor, we have over 150 clubs and societies to choose from which are all free to join, the night life is great too with plenty of bars around. Everything in Bangor is within walking distance, therefore you would save a lot on travel expense. Also the majority of our students are English spoken but we do have students that come from all over the world

If you would like any more information please don't hesitate to ask us.

Sera (Bangor Official Rep)
Hi there

Just wanted to ask if there is job opportunties for students at Bangor uni
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (44)
18.18%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (68)
28.1%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (92)
38.02%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (30)
12.4%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (8)
3.31%

Watched Threads