The Student Room Group

Urgently need your advice

I am starting my first year with OU, starting this OCT. I have submitted my application form however I need your advise as to providing supporting evidence to SFC. Since I have recently applied for UK citizenship, I do not retain my original documents to provide as my supporting evidence. How can I approach this problem without further delays? Are there any other alternative?
Hello AparaL03,

If you are not able to send us the Original Identity Evidence then you can send us non-standard evidence.

You must write us a covering letter explaining why you are unable to send the Original Identity Evidence.

We will then require you to send us the following:

Section A - Original Documents Only - Original Birth Certificate with the Birth Certificate Declaration form OR UK Photo Driving Licence (Full or Provisional) OR Non UK ID Card

Section B - Original Documents Only - Home Office Letter confirming your status in the United Kingdom OR Immigration Status Document (ISD)

Section C - We require 2 items from this section to be sent to us - UK Bank Statement (Clear Photocopy), Tax Credit Awards Notice (Clear Photocopy), National Insurance Card or letter confirming National Insurance number from the HMRC (Clear Photocopy)

Thanks
Reply 2
Dear Mr. Lee,

Thank you so much for your prompt response. It helps immensely as I have been trying to find a way to go about this matter for weeks. I just have few more queries related to the non-standard evidence that you have suggested above.
For section A, do I have to send paper counterpart of UK driving license with the photo ID card?
Section B, We are still in the early stage of the application process and I have been told that it will take 3-4 weeks to receive letter from Home office. Will SFC accept certified form of visa & passport from my representative?
Also, for section C, should I sent my original NI card or is it possible to send P60?
Thanking you in advance.
Reply 3
* certified photocopies of visa & passport?
Hi there.

We can only accept items that are actually in the above list and as stated in both section A and B they need to be originals.

We do not need the paper counterpart of your license and for section C we can accept a P60 as this normally comes from HMRC, so long as it includes your NINO.

Thank
Reply 5
Hi Morning,

Apparently it will take 3-4 weeks before I receive letter of confirmation from the Home office. Will it be too late to send it then? Do I send declaration form now or afterwards?
Hi,

No it won't be too late to send it. I'd send your declaration straight away.

Thanks
Reply 7
Thank you for your reassurance.
I was beginning to worry as I might have missed the set deadline already.
Thanking you again for your great service.
You're welcome.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending