Do I have to go to college while on a apprenticeship? Watch

haijai
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I found an apprenticeship for a nursery assistant, but I'm slightly confused about how apprenticeships really work.

On the site it doesn't really say anything about going to college, however it states that the working week will be for 30 hours and the pay is Β£150 a week. Quite good in my opinion.

Anyway, for those who have done an apprenticeship, whether it's for a nursery assistant, or another apprenticeship, my question is...Do I have to go to college while on a apprenticeship?

Thank you!
Apprenticeships-Liz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by haijai)
I found an apprenticeship for a nursery assistant, but I'm slightly confused about how apprenticeships really work.

On the site it doesn't really say anything about going to college, however it states that the working week will be for 30 hours and the pay is Β£150 a week. Quite good in my opinion.

Anyway, for those who have done an apprenticeship, whether it's for a nursery assistant, or another apprenticeship, my question is...Do I have to go to college while on a apprenticeship?

Thank you!
Hi,

On an apprenticeship, you will complete any learning/training/college hours during the stated working week. In most cases the provider will also come out to you in the workplace to observe you whilst your on the job.

Each apprenticeship is different but if you have seen a vacancy you are interested in, contact the learning provider or employer to check or ask the question if you go for an interview so you are clear.

Hope this helps

Liz
alxndr18
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It varies between apprenticeships. Some will have their own training environment, some will send you to a local college on "day release", and some will do the training "on the job". Others will use a mixture of the above.

In order to find out about this particular apprenticeship, if it does not say in the description, you will need to either contact them directly to enquire about it, or simply put in an application and ask if you are successful in getting an interview.
Reanna1078
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
What apprenticeships don’t i need to go college for? So I do my maths and English at that apprenticeship place?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever accessed mental health support services at University?

Yes (48)
23.65%
No, but I have thought about it (56)
27.59%
No (99)
48.77%

Watched Threads