The Student Room Group

Requirements for Computer Science

Hey,

I want to put Loughborough University as my first option, the entry requirements are ABB. Last year I took the Polish AS and A2 exam and got an A in both, so an overall A at the end of A2.

Will that count towards those entry requirements? My other subjects are Computing, Maths and Software Dev (which is a BTEC at AS level).

Many Thanks for any fast replies.
Original post by Filipo
Hey,

I want to put Loughborough University as my first option, the entry requirements are ABB. Last year I took the Polish AS and A2 exam and got an A in both, so an overall A at the end of A2.

Will that count towards those entry requirements? My other subjects are Computing, Maths and Software Dev (which is a BTEC at AS level).

You will have to ask the universities you are applying to if they will accept a native language A level, as not all of them do, and you can't know which ones don't without checking.
Reply 2
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
You will have to ask the universities you are applying to if they will accept a native language A level, as not all of them do, and you can't know which ones don't without checking.

For Kent Uni (Another of my options):

"Kent generally accepts any A or AS level syllabus approved by the AQA, OCR, WJEC and EDEXCEL and CIE awarding bodies, though we regard some subjects as more suitable than others."

And for Loughborough:

"Applicants are normally expected to have at least three A-Levels. In exceptional cases you may be able to offer two AS Levels in place of one of your A-Level subjects. In many cases, specific subjects are required, and these will be indicated in the relevant course entry." - They require Computing or Maths at an A.

So does that mean they will accept Polish?
Original post by Filipo
For Kent Uni (Another of my options):

"Kent generally accepts any A or AS level syllabus approved by the AQA, OCR, WJEC and EDEXCEL and CIE awarding bodies, though we regard some subjects as more suitable than others."

And for Loughborough:

"Applicants are normally expected to have at least three A-Levels. In exceptional cases you may be able to offer two AS Levels in place of one of your A-Level subjects. In many cases, specific subjects are required, and these will be indicated in the relevant course entry." - They require Computing or Maths at an A.

So does that mean they will accept Polish?

As I said, you will have to ask them directly. It gives no clue at all as to whether your native language is acceptable or not.
Original post by Filipo
Hey,

Hi Filipo

The best thing to do is contact the Computer Science department directly.
The person you need to speak to is Dr Daniel Reidenbach and you can e-mail him at [email protected] or call him on 01509 222 939

Hope this helps :smile:

Vicky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending