The Student Room Group

I feel under appreciated by my teachers

Maybe I am just sensitive,I do always extra research on my own I get no credit every history lesson I learn nothing because I learnt about it on my own.I feel like no teacher sees my effort and interest in a subject,going the extra mile.Sometimes I have my hand up for so long and it is ignored so i give up trying to ask a question.My english teacher used ot like me but, she no longer does she ignores my hand up,and no longet speaks to me.Am I just sensitive? No teacher ever recognized me,when I did RE I worked the hardest I always worked hard,I did extra work,I listened and I had an interest in RE while no one else did :frown:
Original post by Anonymous1502
Maybe I am just sensitive,I do always extra research on my own I get no credit every history lesson I learn nothing because I learnt about it on my own.I feel like no teacher sees my effort and interest in a subject,going the extra mile.Sometimes I have my hand up for so long and it is ignored so i give up trying to ask a question.My english teacher used ot like me but, she no longer does she ignores my hand up,and no longet speaks to me.Am I just sensitive? No teacher ever recognized me,when I did RE I worked the hardest I always worked hard,I did extra work,I listened and I had an interest in RE while no one else did :frown:

Maybe they see you as a "know it all" and want to give the others a chance :lol:
Reply 2
yeah i used to do that but they knew i'd be right so they never picked me lol. Good on you though!
I think maybe you're being a wee bit sensitive tbh! Honestly they may not be calling on you if your hand is up because they know you've got a good grasp of the material. They'll often call on people to confirm that they have an idea about what they're learning about. If you're doing well in tests and homework they know then you're doing well. Honestly it sounds like you're the quiet intelligent one who they understand the topic. All your reading around and research will really help you in uni and A Level so just keep doing what you're doing! Maybe at Parent Teacher conferences your mum or dad could mention you're feeling a little ignored in class which could help
They've probably seen your a bit of a genius, hard to judge a class from 1 student. The teacher will just be giving others a chance :P
I feel over appreciated by my teachers and whenever I tell them that I'm struggling I don't get help because they think I'm over reacting?
I don't know what's worse :frown:
Reply 6

Ask your teachers questions after lessons or when you see them outside of lessons. Make the questions relevant to things ahead in the syllabus; they'll get the idea. :wink:

You should be working harder and going the extra mile in order to improve and better yourself so that you get the best grade possible, not to receive appreciation from your teachers. You don't need teachers to praise you. At school I always give 100% in everything I do eg. Homework, class tests, exams you name it. I do this because I know that in order to achieve my goal in life I always have to constantly work hard in everything I do. I don't do it to receive some silly recognition from teachers.
If you stop trying, they'll probably notice.
Original post by DeadEnd_96
You should be working harder and going the extra mile in order to improve and better yourself so that you get the best grade possible, not to receive appreciation from your teachers. You don't need teachers to praise you. At school I always give 100% in everything I do eg. Homework, class tests, exams you name it. I do this because I know that in order to achieve my goal in life I always have to constantly work hard in everything I do. I don't do it to receive some silly recognition from teachers.

I know I don't, but it is nice.I do not have any friends so praise is the currency I receive.For me a praise is so lovely, my class dislikes me because I am different.I see my education as 1 and I know it is silly I am over reacting, but it is nice if you know what I mean.
I know I don't, but it is nice.I do not have any friends so praise is the currency I receive.For me a praise is so lovely, my class dislikes me because I am different.I see my education as 1 and I know it is silly I am over reacting, but it is nice if you know what I mean.

I know what you mean. I do get praises from teachers but after while I noticed that their praises are a bunch of baloney. I used to get a lot of praises that I became over confident in my own ability that I messed up AS exams big time. Now every time I get a praise from a teacher I just ignore it and don't care.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest