Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Teacher suspended for washing student's mouth out with soap watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Which is why they got rid of it in the first place. I'd have to agree that caning is a little too severe, but the pendulum swung right over to the other side on that one. In the space of a year, teachers went from being able to send a student to the principal to receive a few whacks of the cane, right through to not being able to touch a child with the exception of serious circumstances that threatened life. No! Meanwhile, a teacher decides to use an age old disciplinary measure, and dulls it down a few shades, but faces the prospect of losing her job. Even though the punishment worked, and the majority of parents seem to be pushing to keep her instated as teacher.

Naked force has solved more disputes throughout history than any other means, and it will continue to do so. Simple as that. If the boy doesn't want the soap in his mouth again, he won't ever use such language around that particular teacher, or any teacher if a miracle happened and the law was changed accordingly.

That is effectiveness. Pure and simple.
    I understand why you feel this way but I stick with my oppinion that anytype of physical punishment in school is wronge. No doubt you will stick to yours. We appear to be going round in circles so I suggest that we leave it now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil)
    http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/Northeast....ap/index.html

What are your views? Should she be sacked?
    I haven't read the article but from the title of the thread i can say this is purely a joke. Hasn't something like this happened before in the UK? That teacher needs to get more than suspended.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    I understand why you feel this way but I stick with my oppinion that anytype of physical punishment in school is wronge. No doubt you will stick to yours. We appear to be going round in circles so I suggest that we leave it now.
    Quite.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't having certain types of corporal punishment just increase violence, which we are supposed to break?

ReputationRep:
    I totally support the teacher, nobody else these days does! Not parents, many of whom look to sue or kick up a fuss at the first possible opportunity, not headteachers or the law.

Many kids run riot in schools, assaulting teachers and their pupils, disrupting their education and chance in life, moreover they KNOW they can get away with it, these kids are laughing at the law. If it takes a little bit of soap in the mouth to correct that and shut them up then the ends justify the means, if I was a pupil having my education disrupted by them i would volunteer to get the soap for them! The kids know the teachers have no power to discipline them, teachers need their powers back!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.