UCL Russian Studies/Russian and History, Polish and East European studies

Watch
polinaz
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
In my GCSEs A* Russian, History A, Citizenship A, English Language A and Bs in maths, chemistry, physics, biology, english lit and art.
I also got A in Russian A level, A in AS History, B in AS Art, D in AS Biology and E in AS Chemistry
They ask for AAB-ABB in Russian and History, Russian Studies and Polish and East European Studies plus the degrees are not very competitive (3 applicants per place in comparison to many other degrees at UCL). I already have an A and high possibility of getting another A and a B (maybe even an A if i do better this year in art).
My teachers also said that I have good personal statement which is backed up by good insight into Russia/East Europe (i participated in anti-russian govt protests, go to russia often, read russian literature a lot and lived in russia for quite a long time in my life), so i feel like those courses are definitely the courses of my dreams! plus ucl is the only uni i seriously want to go into and other than 3 of those courses i'm applying to Queen Mary Russian and Politics and Goldsmiths Politics.
What are my chancec of getting into UCL into those courses?
Snufkin
Badges: 21
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
As long as you can get ABB then you have a chance, it is very hard to say more than that without seeing your references / personal statement. Is Russian your native language? If it is then UCL may not accept your Russian A level.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (53)
21.72%
Note taking apps (6)
2.46%
Flashcards (47)
19.26%
Revision guides (15)
6.15%
Past papers (115)
47.13%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (8)
3.28%

Watched Threads