The Student Room Group

What are M4 and FP3 like? (Edexcel)

To all the people that have taken the FP3 and M4 exams how did you find them? Was FP3 a gigantic step up from FP2 or are they in roughly the same playing field? What about M4 in comparison to M3? What was the step up from those like? I know that both modules are challenging, but I am just curious to know how they are in comparison to their counterparts. Just curious :wink:
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by captainslow69
To all the people that have taken the FP3 and M4 exams how did you find them? Was FP3 a gigantic step up from FP2 or are they in roughly the same playing field? What about M4 in comparison to M3? What was the step up from those like? I know that both modules are challenging, but I am just curious to know how they are in comparison to their counterparts. Just curious :wink:

Doing A levels last year, the way the edexcel modules are laid out, I personally got the impression that S1-3, D1-2, M1-3, FP1-3, and C1-4 were all standard modules for schools doing A level Further Maths, with some schools opting out of different ones of those modules (for instance, my school didn't do D1, D2, and M3). S4, M4 and M5 were seen as the extra, extremely difficult modules for those who wanted A level Additional Further.

So with that in mind, I'd say that FP3 wasn't very difficult. It's certainly no step up whatsoever from FP2, both FP2 and FP3 are of a similar level, just different. It may be a challenge to teach it to yourself but it's no step up from FP2. However, from what I've heard of M4, M4 is a step up from M3 and is a real challenge - but certainly worth it if you love Mechanics

Quick Reply