The Student Room Group
Anyone can join the pro bono at Nottingham. I'm not a member, but I know people who have got to do some stuff, and it's certainly not reserved for those getting first class grades. If they did that, they'd only have about 15 people who were eligible for membership... and most of them wouldn't do it because first class people are more likely to concentrate on their work!
Reply 2
Im a member of the cardiff one and its quite good. I was assigned to a tort problem this yr, guy was having a road built out the back of his house and there was quite a lot of disruption to his life etc. Mine wasnt the best experience because it was too big a case for the pro bono to take on but i got to look into it and give him advice. We did it in teams. I would advise ppl to do it, it was a good experience and am hoping to do it nxt yr as well.
Reply 3
Haha i did the pro-bono law clininc thing one summer in Toronto and learnt a great deal! it kind of inspired me to pursue Law... volunteer hours plus yummy food :P
Im the new secretary for the leicester pro bono clinic. We have about 19 advisor who give advice. We stick with just empoyment and tenant/landlord issues at the moment though.
Reply 5
Solemn Wanderer
How exactly does it work? Are already-qualified lawyers brought into the process?

I should hope so
Reply 6
yeah, the students do the ground work, the research and decide if a case is possible etc. Then then might compose a letter or somrhtin similar and it has to be checked over by a solicitor, usually the clinic will be sponsored by a local law firm (cardiff is sponsored by eversheds and morgan cole) and it is sent to the firm who has a specialty in the area.

Latest

Trending

Trending