Apple Core
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, guys. i just wanted to ask if having a graphical calculator would be a help for C3 and C4. Does it draw the graph for functions like In x and would it save time in the exam to use that calculator. Or is it just a waste of time as I have to learn how to use it.
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Tank Girl)
x
Absent Agent
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Apple Core)
Hi, guys. i just wanted to ask if having a graphical calculator would be a help for C3 and C4. Does it draw the graph for functions like In x and would it save time in the exam to use that calculator. Or is it just a waste of time as I have to learn how to use it.
It would only help you to verify your answers, you cannot just write out the solution without any working
PlayerBB
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is it allowed to be used in Edexcel exams?

Posted from TSR Mobile
MeerkatSwag
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Check the edexcel website as they give a list of accepted calculators

I'm pretty sure you can't if it gives algebraic solutions (as it tells you x) and I think that includes graph sketching too

My friend took a more advanced calculator in the exam than the normal one everyone uses and I know it got taken off him because it was algebraically graphical so /:

Posted from TSR Mobile
PlayerBB
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MeerkatSwag)

I'm pretty sure you can't if it gives algebraic solutions (as it tells you x) and I think that includes graph sketching too

My friend took a more advanced calculator in the exam than the normal one everyone uses and I know it got taken off him because it was algebraically graphical so /:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Absent Agent
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PlayerBB)
Is it allowed to be used in Edexcel exams?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by MeerkatSwag)

Posted from TSR Mobile
It really depends on your college/school. Mine did allow any calculators but of course you are advised not just to give the final answer, you also need to show your working
TartarusEnosa
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes it helps massively.
I completed A level math last year and my graphic calculator (casio FX-9750G11) allowed me to virtually check all of my answers for C3 and most in C4.
It was extremely helpful but bear in mind for A level math it is not essential.
Check out the rules for them by the JCQ.
Basically, just don't get one that uses CAS. They would say so if they are allowed in exams too.
Apple Core
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Mehrdad jafari)
It would only help you to verify your answers, you cannot just write out the solution without any working
Okay thank you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (166)
61.25%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.06%
No- I want it (74)
27.31%
No- I don't want it (20)