Best 'Law' for me?

Watch this thread
username1868127
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi guys, I'm extremely interested in looking at studying Law as a degree. I know I'm only nearly in year 11 but I need help so I can choose some good A levels.
I've got multiple questions so here it go's....

1. What is the best Law school. Forget League Table, and I know some will say Oxbridge etc etc but in your opinion what is the best law school?
2. I like the look of working in politics and taking on roles such as advisor or campaign manager, is this a good degree to get my foot into this career? I may change my mind later on so please take this lightly.
3. Best degree - is it good to get a LLM or is LLB good enough. Also is law on its own ok or would it be good to have dual honour's?

Thank you in advance, and please leave any other information you deem relevant!
Bupdeeboowah
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
1. The best is probably Oxford (I'm not from there though)
2. A lot of politicians were lawyers (though not necessarily law students) - E.g. Tony Blair, Margaret Thatcher, and even Gandhi. Studying law will make you perceive and think about things in a very different way, and this is an invaluable skill set which will often set you apart from the job crowd. Furthermore, law is often regarded as a difficult subject, so if you get a decent grade it could in fact be perceived by employers as evidence of your intellect and capability.
3. I've asked recruiters from all the Magic Circle firms whether an LLM would be advantageous for a career in commercial law and they all said no, unless it's in competition law.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (85)
29.72%
It went fairly well (138)
48.25%
It didn't go too well (41)
14.34%
TERRIBLE! (22)
7.69%

Watched Threads