_chloeematt
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi Guys, Just wondered if anyone could give me some advice or takes the courses I want to take and could give me some advice and some info on the course?

I want to teach PE at High School (so years 7-11)

A-Levels:
Sports/PE
Psychology
Business
Philosophy and Ethics

Any help is much appreciated!

Posted from TSR Mobile
username2207531
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you want to teach PE you will almost definitely need Biology at A-level. I may be wrong, but it's very important. I know from a few of my friends that A-level Sports/PE involves a lot of Biology-related theory so it's something to look into. I'm doing Biology and I love it. It's really not that difficult. Psychology is also very important if you want to teach, so good choice.

I feel that Business will always be useful (who knows, you could take it a step further and have your own bodybuilding/training/weight loss business instead of teaching in a school). As for Philosophy and Ethics, it may be useful depending on what your back-up career choices are, but if you're not 100% sure about it, I'd say switch that one for Biology.

These are just suggestions but I hope I was at least somewhat helpful. Good luck with GCSEs!
missmybed
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would recommend u to switch Business to Bio. Reason is because most sport/PE degree do prefer one, if not require one. Even if it doesn't state so on a website , it'll be much useful to have later on if you proceed to become a PE teacher.

I would also like to suggest switching Philosophy and Ethics to either Eng lit or History as they would keep your paths open
for the future just in case you change you're mind. (Trust me, it is quite likely to happen unless you are absolutely sure!) My friends regret picking all three sciences as she thought she wanted to do medicine at the time she opted for it, but after two weeks completely changed her mind and changed to all humanities. But philosophy is widely respected so if you find it really interesting I find no reason why to change it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (183)
43.88%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (48)
11.51%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (33)
7.91%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (88)
21.1%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (41)
9.83%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (24)
5.76%

Watched Threads