Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Had a few to drink but this is a serious disussion, have the tories won? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThePants999)
    I don't think you quite understand shares and asset pricing. For one thing, shareholder interests and long-term thinking are not mutually exclusive.

But anyway, companies exist for their shareholders - the shareholders completely own the company and the managers run the company only by the grace of, and on behalf of, the shareholders. The only difference between a small LTD and a big PLC is scale.

Imagine your bank told you that it was halving the rate of interest paid on your account because it needed to spend your money to make other people happy. How would you feel about that? And if you wouldn't be happy with that, why do you object to shareholders' investments bringing returns to the shareholders?
    I object to greedy share holders who only care about making money and as a result the company falls a apart, a classic example is the railways, bus companies etc. The privatisation model dosn't always work which is one reason I am against the conversatives.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    It dosn't surprise me that Trafford is torie now becuase its a posh borough in general, Stockport is extremely mixed having some of the top ten richest areas in the county (Cheadle) , as well as some of the bottom ones.
    The main reason Trafford went Tory is because of boundary changes.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.