The Student Room Group

How to improve exam technique (A2 Biology OCR)

Hey,

I am understanding the course in biology well, and I am able to recite and know what is going on. But... I cannot get that many marks in the papers in biology. Because these are applied knowledge questions.

How do I improve and answer the applied questions, because I know the material I just can't apply it.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Original post by Dabo_26
Hey,

I am understanding the course in biology well, and I am able to recite and know what is going on. But... I cannot get that many marks in the papers in biology. Because these are applied knowledge questions.

How do I improve and answer the applied questions, because I know the material I just can't apply it.

this was me when i did it! just try and revise from mark schemes, look for similar questions revolving around a topic and basically compile points that is always accepted and then revise from that.
Reply 3
Original post by BlueIsTheNewRed
this was me when i did it! just try and revise from mark schemes, look for similar questions revolving around a topic and basically compile points that is always accepted and then revise from that.

I will try that
Reply 4
Im currently doing a2 ocr biology too and my advice would be to use a lot of terminology and do not be afraid to describe things in a lot more detail, you might pick up marks by doing that. Another tip is to do some research on the topic you're learning on the internet and use other resources. I found youtube videos to be really useful too! Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending