Whateverlyf
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey

I am currently applying for university but I don't have my maths GCSE as I am redoing in June so on my ucas application I put is as pending . But I am just worried uni might not give me a place as the maths GCSE result comes a week later.

So do you think they will wait for my GCSE result and only give me the place after ?
WinterDucky
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you have previously got a result for your maths GCSE then you will need to declare that and add the resit as a 'new' qualification with a pending grade.
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Whateverlyf)
Hey

I am currently applying for university but I don't have my maths GCSE as I am redoing in June so on my ucas application I put is as pending . But I am just worried uni might not give me a place as the maths GCSE result comes a week later.

So do you think they will wait for my GCSE result and only give me the place after ?
If you are made an offer, it will be conditional on your passing your maths, and you will have to wait until GCSE results day, a week after A level results day, before your place is confirmed. Make a note now that GCSE results are NOT automatically sent to the universities or to UCAS and it will be your responsibility to get the result to them when you get it.
swanseajack1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
it depends on the course and the unis entry requirement. some insist on having GCSE Maths and for science or engineering subjects GCSE Maths is usually compulsory. Some universities do not require GCSE Maths for humanities courses. If you are studying subjects like History check the individual entry requirements of the university and think of applying for those that do not require GCSE Maths. I know of someone last year who had 5 offers for History without GCSE Maths. It would still be worth retaking it as for teaching you require Maths and English at grade C in England and grade B in Wales and many employers also require it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (6)
7.59%
Disagree (5)
6.33%
Neither agree or disagree (22)
27.85%
Agree (32)
40.51%
Strongly Agree (14)
17.72%

Watched Threads