B_seyi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi
I've sent in my application since 22nd of august and i only just received back my evidence. I dont know why its taking so much time to be approved. What may cause the delay
Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi,

If you're a new student it can take six weeks to process an application from when we receive all your evidence. If you've been waiting longer than this then call us on 0300 100 0607 otherwise allow more time and keep checking your online account for updates.

Thanks
B_seyi
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser)
Hi,

If you're a new student it can take six weeks to process an application from when we receive all your evidence. If you've been waiting longer than this then call us on 0300 100 0607 otherwise allow more time and keep checking your online account for updates.

Thanks
Ok the situation now is that, in 2009/2010 i was studying but later realised it was the wrong course, i only attended for a month. In 2012/13 i did an extended degree and got a pass honours in undergraduate associate. I'm back in school to study HND HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE and i need the funding for that, SFE says my tuition fee, maintenance loan and grant has been blocked. I got my previous uni to send an email for my records that i was withdrawn in 2009 and i couldnt complete my degree in 2012. Will i still be eligible for a year funding?
Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi,

Did you achieve an honours degree qualificationfrom your previous study? If so then you won't be entitled to any furtherfunding from SFE. If you didn't achieve this then you'll still get funding butwe'll need to take into account your previous study. We would look at the lengthof your new course (2 years) give you a gift year (1 year) and then take awayany previous study (for arguments sake lets say two years). This would leaveyou with one year of full funding which you would get in the 2nd year of thecourse, in first year you would still get the maintenance loan but no tuitionfees or grant.

Thanks
B_seyi
Rep:
?
I only got am undergraduate associate honours not the full degree. I still have two years of full funding left. I have sent in evidence and course history letter from my previous school of study so i can get a gift year. I need 3years in total but I've only got two.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (711)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (895)
42.74%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (395)
18.86%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.44%

Watched Threads