The Student Room Group

Do my BTECS count for ABB entry requirements?

Im doing BTEC double business and estimate getting a D/D grade by the end of year 13. I am also doing media studies which I will probably end up getting a B in. One Uni I am applying for asks for ABB entry requirements so do my BTECs count or is that Uni out of the question? Should I exclusively look for
universities with UCAS point requirements?
Original post by Rahul_A97
Im doing BTEC double business and estimate getting a D/D grade by the end of year 13. I am also doing media studies which I will probably end up getting a B in. One Uni I am applying for asks for ABB entry requirements so do my BTECs count or is that Uni out of the question? Should I exclusively look for
universities with UCAS point requirements?

Call the individual uni, some accept btecs in place of A levels and some dont so its best to ask them directly instead of assuming
Even most of the "Top" Uni's accept Btecs these days, It really makes me annoyed why I did A levels in the first place when such a easy route was available.

Uni of Birmingham, Liverpool, Surrey, Leicester, Lancaster and many more accept Btec courses now.

So yes OP they do count.
Reply 3
Original post by A level sufferer
Call the individual uni, some accept btecs in place of A levels and some dont so its best to ask them directly instead of assuming

Hi there, thanks for your reply. I will do this ASAP
Reply 4
Original post by Evil Genius
Even most of the "Top" Uni's accept Btecs these days, It really makes me annoyed why I did A levels in the first place when such a easy route was available.

Uni of Birmingham, Liverpool, Surrey, Leicester, Lancaster and many more accept Btec courses now.

So yes OP they do count.

But what about a uni such as City who want:
- A' level: AAA
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma: Distinction/Distinction/Distinction (must have at least grade A GCSE Maths)
- IB35: points overall including 6 in all Higher Level subjects and 5 in all Standard Level subjects. Consideration will be given to 1 bonus point.

Can i sort of mix and match in terms of qualifications. So maybe an A in an A-Level and two Distinctions in a BTEC?
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending