This discussion is closed.
Tigger1986
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hi

I'm doing Media Studies and as part of our course we have to anaylse and deconstructe film posters, and was wondering does anyone know where I could buy any film posters, as we have to try and collect some during the summer break
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
wow..are they not easily accessible in Wales? In london, there everywhere
Toyosi
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You could buy online though its more expensive cause of postage etc.. Some record shops like HMV sell movie posters too or you could try a film memorabilia shop.
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tigger1986)
Hi

I'm doing Media Studies and as part of our course we have to anaylse and deconstructe film posters, and was wondering does anyone know where I could buy any film posters, as we have to try and collect some during the summer break
So that's what you do in Media Studies. It doesn't sound very academic.
CR3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
So that's what you do in Media Studies. It doesn't sound very academic.
yes..i agree...is there any further instructions in your asignment...

CR
miaow
Report 16 years ago
they have free ones in odeon cinemas of the current and up-coming films they are showing. but if you are going to london soon, there are a few really good film memorabilia shops on shaftsbury avenue. you can get just about any film poster you want there. you can also get action figures which look nothing like the chatacters in the films but oh well.
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hi

Go to your local cinema.

You will need a hacksaw/axe/other instrument of persuasion.

On one outside wall there will be plastic cases containing posters of the new/soon to be released films. Use your instrument of persuasion to open the case and remove the poster.

If the posters are inside the cinema, you will need to wave your instrument in a threatening manner.

This may sexually arouse some members of the public, depending on their sexual orientation.
mr.black
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If U Cant Be Arsed To Go Down Ur Local Cinema U Can Often Get Them On Ebay And Similar Auction Site
Egan1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You could also maybe try your local library- I don't know about film posters (?) but when I was little they'd give us the kiddies book ones when they were finished with them so it might be worth asking...
You could also ask at your local woolworths if the ones on display on the film counter are available to buy etc?

I may be completely wrong...

One last suggestion- if you don't need full size then just do an online search and print them off (you can laminate them is they need ti be shiny!)

Good luck

Egan
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hi

wh smiths get new posters in everyweek- so it may be a good idea to go into ponty n ask if theyre throwing any out soon if they could keep them for you- i got loads of mosters inc ones from there last summer.

love Katy ***
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (162)
15.59%
Uncertainty around my education (169)
16.27%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (100)
9.62%
Isolating with family (71)
6.83%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (39)
3.75%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (90)
8.66%
Loneliness (103)
9.91%
Financial worries (46)
4.43%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (95)
9.14%
Exposure to negative news/social media (74)
7.12%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (90)
8.66%

Watched Threads