Turn on thread page Beta

S2 OCR Textbook watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me or are all answers for Chapter 4 (Sampling) wrong?

I had a look on amazon and a reviewer said the same thing... something about interpolation..

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm not sure, but those books are awful! We tried to use them for S2 and got nowhere fast! It's riddled with errors and typos, so I wouldn't doubt yourself too much.

ReputationRep:
    these books do have a few wrong answers in the back, but not THAT many.

post a few questions which you think may have wrong answers, and i'll see if i've done them and give you the answer i got.

bear in mind i haven't actually got the s2 textbook anymore, just my notes so i wont' have done every question...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Jonas.

And yes, the OCR textbooks are AWFUL.

so has anyone got any recommendations for an S2 textbook to work from? (OCR Syllabus)

ReputationRep:
    Apart from the mistakes, i found the s2 ocr book quite useful, i learnt the whole course from it. The books tend to get a little poorer the higher the module...otherwise i think the OCR book is the only textbook on the OCR syllabus. There are revision guides but they are even worse.

University open days

• University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    School of Education Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.