Rich
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ickle_katy)
im all confufled. whats happened!!!

love Katy ***
We've had a makeover! The board's been upgraded to version 3 (beta), with lots of new features. It's also been decided to split the board into seperate areas for ease of reading, with the most recent messages from all areas on the front page of the forum.

See http://www.uk-learning.net/showthread.php?t=9211.

Hope you like it!
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
Refering to the change in scenery?
There are a few navigational matters that need to be resolved I think, it isn't easy to get back "Home" from the bottom of a long page.

Generally I am not a big fan of the multi forum format, and wish that there was still the option available to view the combined "boards" as an entire "forum".

There are the first 40 threads of this at "home", but no option to scroll it for later threads.
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by rahaydenuk)
We've had a makeover! The board's been upgraded to version 3 (beta), with lots of new features. It's also been decided to split the board into seperate areas for ease of reading, with the most recent messages from all areas on the front page of the forum.

See http://www.uk-learning.net/showthread.php?t=9211.

Hope you like it!

ahhhhh they've taken my link away so how do i get back to the normal page????

love Katy ***
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Unregistered)
Refering to the change in scenery?

refering to everythin??

im stuck. cant get out of here!!!!!

love Katy ***
Expression
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

love Katy ***
"Return to Top" (at the bottom of the page), and then either "home" (top right button), or select the section of the forum you wish to navigate.

I agree though Katy, we need your button back, or at least the navigation thats at the top of every thread,

"UK Learning Forum Main > etc etc", at the bottom of the page too, otherwise we get the problem of having to scroll back to the top.
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
yeayyyyyyyyy! my daddys come to help me now, this is rediculas. im 18 3 weeks today and i need my dad to help me talk on the internet!!!

hes put the main page as my home page so i only have to click on the house if i get stuck again!!

but now i dont know how to do anything else??

has the "top ten" been deleted???

love Katy***
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
oo and why are my emails going into a differnt folder now??? they used to go into my uk learning folder but now theyre just going to my inbox????

d, darlin, you really should have told us before doing such a dramatic change, mayb a bit at a time would have been more sensible and a book on how to work it would be a nice bday presant (3 weeks 2day!!!)

love Katy ***
Expression
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

has the "top ten" been deleted???

love Katy***
Top 10, as a single feature no longer appears, however if you press the "Members" button at the top of the page, you'll notice the listings are in alphabetical member order (hence the down arrow by "Name" or whatever it is), if you left-click on "Posts" (underlined) this will rank members by order of number of posts, highest at the top.

Don't worry, I'm having fun trying to navigate this forum now as well, major changes needed to make it as user-friendly as it was.
d
Badges:
Report 16 years ago

love Katy ***
Hi Katy,

I'm really sorry about that. The link has been reinstated. Is this okay as it is now?

Any feedback would be really appreciated.
Rich
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
oo and why are my emails going into a differnt folder now??? they used to go into my uk learning folder but now theyre just going to my inbox????
I assume you had some kind of message rule set up to send UK-Learning e-mails into a specific e-mail folder? I have the same too, and have not needed to change it since the upgrade, but maybe your rule was based on something used to identify UK-Learning messages, which has changed since the board upgrade? I don't know what you are using as a message rule, so I can't really help without more information.

d, darlin, you really should have told us before doing such a dramatic change, mayb a bit at a time would have been more sensible and a book on how to work it would be a nice bday presant (3 weeks 2day!!!)

love Katy ***
I'm afraid, a forum upgrade is a forum upgrade, there's no 'halfway-house', if you want to upgrade the board, then you have to go the 'whole hog' in one go.

Whatever about what people think about VBulletin version 3, the fact is that a board upgrade eventually becomes inevitable (admittedly, it had not got to that stage yet), if you want to continue to be able to receive developer support, and be able to use forum modifications from the developers, as they will generally only support the latest version of the forums. Later versions also address potential security holes, which must naturally be addressed as often as possible to prevent possible security breaches. I'm afraid there's no way I know of of just upgrading the board functionality, but leaving the user interface unchanged.

If you get stuck, there's always the FAQs (http://www.uk-learning.net/faq.php) and you can always ask another member, I'm sure we'll all have got the hang of it soon enough!

Hope this helps,
d
Badges:
Report 16 years ago

love Katy ***
The email format has now changed, so outlook filters (if that's what you're using) will have to be altered.

I apologise about that lack of forewarning.

If people really don't like the new system then we may give up on the attempted improvements and revert back to the old single forum system.
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
I'm really sorry about that. The link has been reinstated. Is this okay as it is now?

nope, still cant find it???

and why do i have to delete a load of crap before i can write anything??

love Katy ***
Expression
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by d)
The email format has now changed, so outlook filters (if that's what you're using) will have to be altered.

I apologise about that lack of forewarning.

If people really don't like the new system then we may give up on the attempted improvements and revert back to the old single forum system.
D, is the thread rating system really neccessary ?

And, if you click that little gold box with the person shouting out kinda thing, and make a comment, does the poster find out about it, or does it go to the mods / admin team ?
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
and wheres the quote button gone?????

love Katy ***
Rich
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by d)
The rule I use in Outlook 2000 is:

Apply this rule after the message arrives, with 'UK-Learning Forums Mailer' in the sender's address, move it to the 'UK-Learning' folder.

Where 'UK-Learning' is the name of the forum you're using to store UK-Learning e-mails in.

Hope this helps,
Rich
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
and wheres the quote button gone?????

love Katy ***
It's been replaced with a button of identical functionality called 'reply' which occurs in the same place as the old 'quote' button on every article in a thread.
d
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Expression)
D, is the thread rating system really neccessary ?
I agree, it's been removed.
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
(Original post by rahaydenuk)
The rule I use in Outlook 2000 is:

Apply this rule after the message arrives, with 'UK-Learning Forums Mailer' in the sender's address, move it to the 'UK-Learning' folder.

Where 'UK-Learning' is the name of the forum you're using to store UK-Learning e-mails in.

Hope this helps,

i use hotmail!! my dads comin to sort it in 5, so if its still playing up, ill cry!!!

he said its prob coz when you changed, you changed the email address you were sending them from??

we will find out when he comes to help me!

love Katy ***
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (76)
17.31%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (281)
64.01%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.78%
Not yet but I might (61)
13.9%

Watched Threads