Turn on thread page Beta

It Looks Different - What Happened ?!?! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    i use hotmail!! my dads comin to sort it in 5, so if its still playing up, ill cry!!!

he said its prob coz when you changed, you changed the email address you were sending them from??

we will find out when he comes to help me!

love Katy ***
    Just create a new Custom Filter from under the Options main menu (from within Hotmail), and set it to identify incoming messages from [email protected], and then deliver them to your UK-Learning folder. Alternatively, you could change the old filter to the new e-mail address ([email protected]).

ReputationRep:
    whoooo am i the forumite with the best reputation??? coz when i clicked reputaion button - my name goes to the top!!!! and if i click the down arrow, d's name is in the list so does that mean he has a bad reputaion??? if it is, thats wrong coz d's lovely and just coz he confused us all, doesnt mean hes nasty. if im compleetly wrong and im backwads. then oh well, your still nasty. im compleetly stuck on this reputation thing anyway??? whats with the green dots??

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    whoooo am i the forumite with the best reputation??? coz when i clicked reputaion button - my name goes to the top!!!! and if i click the down arrow, d's name is in the list so does that mean he has a bad reputaion??? if it is, thats wrong coz d's lovely and just coz he confused us all, doesnt mean hes nasty. if im compleetly wrong and im backwads. then oh well, your still nasty. im compleetly stuck on this reputation thing anyway??? whats with the green dots??

love Katy ***
    I believe the green dots represent your reputation, i.e. the more dots, the higher the rep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahaydenuk)
    Just create a new Custom Filter from under the Options main menu (from within Hotmail), and set it to identify incoming messages from [email protected], and then deliver them to your UK-Learning folder. Alternatively, you could change the old filter to the new e-mail address ([email protected]).

whooooo thats what my daddy just did, that means your as brainy as him!!!

whoooo it works tooo!

thanx

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d)
    I agree, it's been removed.
    Marvellous , thats looking a bit better, seemed daft having a nion always blank column in there.

Bottom page navigation also there too; once again, examples of supply and demand, provided its sensible, and will be productive.

ReputationRep:
    if you click on your own shouty guy, then it gives your reputaion, and if you click on the same person twice it says "you must spread more reputation around before going back to d" (or whoever)

how cool is that???

but is agree or disagree the good one???

cant you disagree but still love some one???

having a good reputation isnt about being right, but about being prepared to accept others views???

so mayb the question should be do you love or hate this person??

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    and now that i clicked agree on everyone (i think thats the good one) i cant give anyone any more reputaion?? it says to spread it around but theres no one else to spraed it too???

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    if you click on your own shouty guy, then it gives your reputaion, and if you click on the same person twice it says "you must spread more reputation around before going back to d" (or whoever)

how cool is that???

but is agree or disagree the good one???

cant you disagree but still love some one???

having a good reputation isnt about being right, but about being prepared to accept others views???

so mayb the question should be do you love or hate this person??

love Katy ***
    The question you are asked isn't whether you approve of the person, but rather whether you approve of the post (or not), which as you say needn't mean it agrees with your POV, but instead sets out a fair case, rather than a blanket brainwash exercise.

Having a good reputation; I guess people can look at you rating, and if you have a decent reputation people can take your posting with some more value, than those with a bad rep. If you have a bad rep they may just think "well this guy/gal 's a joker, move on".

ReputationRep:
    :eek: weird stuff going on here! very weird :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    The question you are asked isn't whether you approve of the person, but rather whether you approve of the post (or not), which as you say needn't mean it agrees with your POV, but instead sets out a fair case, rather than a blanket brainwash exercise.

Having a good reputation; I guess people can look at you rating, and if you have a decent reputation people can take your posting with some more value, than those with a bad rep. If you have a bad rep they may just think "well this guy/gal 's a joker, move on".
    BTW, on initial inspection it would appear you cannot give reputation to the same POST more than once, obviously you either disagree with the post, or agree with the post.
    EDIT by Expression - That's still true.

But you can give reputation to the same poster on more than one occasion, one for each post.
    EDIT by Expression - No you can't! Stuff whatever I said there - Katy was right, seems you can't vote for the same person more than once! Definate flaw.

Given that we have a lil green jem stylee thingy, I don't know if thats going to increase as a meter if we get better reps, or simply whether thats going to be a kinda traffic light system, either red or green dependant on how you are seen as a member.

Obviously it will take time for any true advantages to this system (if they are there) to kick in.

PS - Where's STRIKETHROUGH when you need it?

ReputationRep:
    rite, 2 morw suggestions,

put a reply to post button at the bottom, so i dont have to deleete stoopid quote (especially annoying when its my own!!!)

and put a move to page ie 2 at the top, so i dont have to scroll tot the bottom of the page to change pages when i know the conversation i want is happening on page 2!

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    rite, 2 more suggestions,

put a reply to post button at the bottom, so i dont have to deleete stoopid quote (especially annoying when its my own!!!)
    agree with that one, infact I think I've already suggested it

and put a move to page ie 2 at the top, so i dont have to scroll tot the bottom of the page to change pages when i know the conversation i want is happening on page 2!
    Good suggestion, hadn't noticed that that one wasn't there, guess you discover things like that as you find you want them and they're not there!

love Katy ***
    Good suggestions Katy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    Good suggestions Katy.
    thanx

love Katy ***

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.