Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just booked my appointment to have my brace taken off!
    I'm 18 and i've had my brace (traintracks) on my teeth since i was 15. I hate it :mad: !!! i should have had it much earlier, but my stupid dentist didn't refer me until i was 15. apparantly i could have had it at 11!! oh well, at least its being taken off next month!! and i'll have stright teeth finally
    am sooo happy, i couldn't have coped with it at uni! :eek:
    has anyone else got a brace? when did you have it put on and for how long?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lepoissonfou)
    I'm 18 and i've had my brace (traintracks) on my teeth since i was 15. I hate it :mad: !!! i should have had it much earlier, but my stupid dentist didn't refer me until i was 15. apparantly i could have had it at 11!! oh well, at least its being taken off next month!! and i'll have stright teeth finally
    i had braces when i was 12 n kept them for 3 years! i hated it
    anywyas congratulations!
    (my sis is getting hers taken off on wednesday bt she only had them for 9 months)

ReputationRep:
    i had one a couple of years back for just over a year, but my teeth have moved again, grrr so cross after all the hassle. Maybe you're luckier having it when you're older, at least there's less chance of them moving when your mouth grows. But anyay, it feels so weird after its been taken off!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lepoissonfou)
    ah when i got mine off i was so happy. nothing like a nice apple...

ReputationRep:
    Yayyyyyyy! Thats nice for you
    When I was 13 I asked the dentist if I need braces as I have very, very wonky teeth. She said no, they will straighten themselves by the time I am 16. 11 years later and they are still bloody wonky :mad: I want braces but I would have to pay about 3K for them thanks to that lazy incompetent ***** of a dentist. I am still very upset about this now

I has braces for about 2 years from the ages of about 11 to 13 i think. They do feel really weird when you get them off, sort of sticky and you get suprised if you touch it with your tongue to find tooth and not a sharp piece of metal. Glad you don't have to go through it all at uni!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Homegrownkitten)
    Yayyyyyyy! Thats nice for you
    When I was 13 I asked the dentist if I need braces as I have very, very wonky teeth. She said no, they will straighten themselves by the time I am 16. 11 years later and they are still bloody wonky :mad: I want braces but I would have to pay about 3K for them thanks to that lazy incompetent ***** of a dentist. I am still very upset about this now
    aww *hug*.

Fortunately my teeth are straight(ish)... I feel so sorry for you guys with braces! But hey, you get lovely teeth afterwards for the rest of your life!

(Original post by ceepee)
    Fortunately my teeth are straight(ish)... I feel so sorry for you guys with braces! But hey, you get lovely teeth afterwards for the rest of your life!
    Indeed, and on my last school report three teachers said that i have a nice smile, so it has to be worthwhile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Indeed, and on my last school report three teachers said that i have a nice smile, so it has to be worthwhile.
    lol, join the club! Nothing like having the fact that you've done NO work* overlooked!

* not strictly true.

ReputationRep:
    My teeth are wonkey but I threatened my dentist when he suggested braces because I play french horn and I didn't want to **** up my technique. I think he's a bit scared of me now.

MB

ReputationRep:
    I had braces for a little more than a year when i was about 12....but after that i had to wear retainers for a year! that was just as bad coz it makes u sound like u have a lisp!
    yeah its really weird when u first remove them....your teeth feel kinda slimy...

(Original post by ceepee)
    lol, join the club! Nothing like having the fact that you've done NO work* overlooked!

* not strictly true.
    No those comments about my smile were a bonus, they teachers all like me and i got record breaking mocks, woop de doo.

(Original post by musicboy)
    My teeth are wonkey but I threatened my dentist when he suggested braces because I play french horn and I didn't want to **** up my technique. I think he's a bit scared of me now.
    Couldn't you have been a little more civil?

ReputationRep:
    I had braces for about 2 years. When I got them taken off, it felt a bit weird, like something was supposed to be there, but that feeling will go eventually. A couple of years later, and my teeth have moved, so I have a retainer now.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.