AirCadet255
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I went through a brief stint with CFS a few years ago but have made a full recovery and am back to full health. I had no treatments and made the recovery in less than a year after being diagnosed.

All I have wanted to do my entire life was be a RAF pilot, everyone has heard it before but its true. I'm looking for a straight blunt answer to whether I haven't a hope in hell of getting in. I would rather know now and start thinking about something else than find out when I'm applying.

Thanks
Duncan2012
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
https://www.raf.mod.uk/recruitment/m...lude-entry.pdf
Sorry.
LaughingKitsune
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
With a list like that it's a wonder anyone is able to join up!
Calsc85
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Don't get your hopes up, but when I applied (and was rejected) last year, there was a small potential glimmer of hope if your CFS lasted less than 6 months. In which case, your application was forwarded to a military doctor for a second opinion. This may of course have been changed since 2014.

Unfortunately, my medical records show otherwise so I am pinning my (very faint) hopes on applying as a reservist and getting a medical waiver. I am trying to build a strong body of evidence to support an application. It goes without saying that I no longer have CFS (and haven't for half my lifetime!)

You have nothing to lose by applying but it would be wise to be realistic and keep other options in mind as well. Best of luck.
AirCadet255
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Thanks everyone for the replies, I am going to see my GP soon about it being a false diagnosis, as Foo.mp3 says its very rare to make a full recovery so fingers crossed!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (145)
42.9%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (39)
11.54%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (28)
8.28%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (72)
21.3%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.06%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
5.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed