The Student Room Group

My ex messaged me after 4 months and I think he still has feelings for me and so do i

He was the one that broke up with me because he was scared about the idea of committing and it was a serious relationship. However I have accepted it and tried to move on, he kept messaging me straight after the break up saying how he loves me but as his little sister and if I ever needed anything he will always be there for me ect but I never replied back because what's the point, it was all over. Now he texted me after 4 months but it seems like he still has feelings for me but never really hinted to me he wanted to come back, just said that everything he felt for me would stay with him forever and his heart prays for me and told me to take care. I haven't told him ive moved on and now in a relationship because I'm scared to break his heart and i want him to move on but I still do miss him :frown: im also just frustrated why he took me for granted during the relationship and just wanted to leave me but string me along until he find someone better..
Trust your gut instinct

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
He was the one that broke up with me because he was scared about the idea of committing and it was a serious relationship. However I have accepted it and tried to move on, he kept messaging me straight after the break up saying how he loves me but as his little sister and if I ever needed anything he will always be there for me ect but I never replied back because what's the point, it was all over. Now he texted me after 4 months but it seems like he still has feelings for me but never really hinted to me he wanted to come back, just said that everything he felt for me would stay with him forever and his heart prays for me and told me to take care. I haven't told him ive moved on and now in a relationship because I'm scared to break his heart and i want him to move on but I still do miss him :frown: im also just frustrated why he took me for granted during the relationship and just wanted to leave me but string me along until he find someone better..

You can either ignore him or tell him that you're in a relationship and ignore him. It's not a good idea to start up contact again. It's natural to miss him but enjoy the time you have with the persion you're in a relationship now, and forget about the ifs and buts of the previous relationship.
Think to yourself. Is it worth all the emotions for you to possibly get back with him? its natural to miss him after a serious relationship but you seem to be happy with you new partner now that you've moved on.

My ex broke up with me last week because of the long distance got to him when he started uni. Like you he was scared of committing. But after talking with a bunch of my friends, he isn't worth the heartache because of the way treated me whilst he was at uni. He took me for granted and tried to blame it all on me. I do miss him because he was my first. But I just keep on thinking to my self, he hurt me, even when I needed him the most dealing with depression. I don't want to got though the pain again and just want to move on because he isn't worth it anymore.

I know you don't want to hurt him, but do you want to be hurt again if you got back with him?

feel free to message me if you want, ill be happy to help :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Don't go back, just let him know you're in a relationship and if you still talk to him just say to stay as friends or just block/ ignore him.
Reply 5
Sounds like the one he dumped you for has dumped him and now he's lonely. He's trying to use you again.

Ignore him. Move on.
I had a similar situation. Ask yourself, do you need or benefit from the drama which is coming your way?
Original post by Rubberduckie

@Rubberduckie
I'm in my final year of uni and my ex dumped me due to commitment issues and he was my first as well. How long did it take you to get over your 1st and has your ex been in contact with you since then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending