National Extension College- A-Level courses

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Leah910
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi, I was wondering if anybody has re-done their A-levels online with National Extension College?

If so, were they good- what was your experience doing the course like?
I'm thinking of doing either the A-Level English lit./language course...
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Tank Girl)
x
Leah910
Rep:
?
thanks... appreciated
National Extension College
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Leah910)
Hi, I was wondering if anybody has re-done their A-levels online with National Extension College?

Hi Leah - I'm surprised no-one's got back to you on this yet, but if you'd like to read through some stories of people who have taken their A Levels with us then you can look through our student case studies on our website. You can take a look at the course samples for our English A Levels there too.

We are currently offering our Fast Track enhancement for free with any A Levels that have their final exams next summer, which includes all of the English options - that means you get a guaranteed response from your tutor within 36 hours. You can work through the learning material at your own pace and fit it in around your usual schedule, and be ready to sit your exams next year. If you'd like any further information about our A Level courses, just get in touch!

-Gemma
Leah910
Rep:
?
Thanks for your reply- appreciate it
evekay
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Hello! I have been studying with the National Extension College for just over a year now. I did my AS levels last year and am now moving on to A2. I am doing the subjects Psychology, Sociology and English Language and Literature combined.

Now I left my sixth form college to do distance learning and I have been to mainstream public schools my whole life up to this point, so it was a huge step to come out of school and have to motivate and organize myself.

Unfortunately I wouldn't be confident in giving you advice about what online college to use since I have nothing to compare the NEC to and I didn't even know what to expect, however I can tell you a little bit more about if you'd like - just message me!

In my first year it was very challenging however the courses were easy to work through and I managed to keep track of my time and get my assignments in to be marked, and I received good feedback. Again, if you would like to see examples of the feedback I have received i'd be happy to send them, just message me privately!

English has been very difficult. If you want to do the combined Lit and Lang course then be prepared since it is challenging - the biggest issue for me was the fact that the specification was nothing like I'd done before and it was very unusual. The style of the questions and everything about it is different and the texts they give you are the ones you have to study (you don't get a choice).

I might just mention the cost of studying with the NEC - although I don't have anything to compare it to, I thought the costs were extortionate. Take this from someone who not only paid for the AS and A2 courses, but also the Fast Track service (£100) and Young Learners Service on top of it all, and I personally think it is a very very expensive way of doing things.
I am however no expert and wouldn't be surprised if it actually adds up to be similar to how much it costs to go to school.
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

As an exams officer who has dealt with many private candidates who have used distance learning providers, from my perspective NEC appears to be one of the best providers.
StuckinAlevel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is there any free online sites for distance learning ?
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by StuckinAlevel)
Is there any free online sites for distance learning ?
There are lots of free resources available on line, particularly for Maths but also for other subjects. What do you want to studY and at what level?
na03
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by evekay)
Hello! I have been studying with the National Extension College for just over a year now. I did my AS levels last year and am now moving on to A2. I am doing the subjects Psychology, Sociology and English Language and Literature combined.

Now I left my sixth form college to do distance learning and I have been to mainstream public schools my whole life up to this point, so it was a huge step to come out of school and have to motivate and organize myself.

Unfortunately I wouldn't be confident in giving you advice about what online college to use since I have nothing to compare the NEC to and I didn't even know what to expect, however I can tell you a little bit more about if you'd like - just message me!

In my first year it was very challenging however the courses were easy to work through and I managed to keep track of my time and get my assignments in to be marked, and I received good feedback. Again, if you would like to see examples of the feedback I have received i'd be happy to send them, just message me privately!

English has been very difficult. If you want to do the combined Lit and Lang course then be prepared since it is challenging - the biggest issue for me was the fact that the specification was nothing like I'd done before and it was very unusual. The style of the questions and everything about it is different and the texts they give you are the ones you have to study (you don't get a choice).

I might just mention the cost of studying with the NEC - although I don't have anything to compare it to, I thought the costs were extortionate. Take this from someone who not only paid for the AS and A2 courses, but also the Fast Track service (£100) and Young Learners Service on top of it all, and I personally think it is a very very expensive way of doing things.
I am however no expert and wouldn't be surprised if it actually adds up to be similar to how much it costs to go to school.
Hi I want to retake my a level maths, is the fast track on NEC worth it and did it get you the grades you wanted as i am aiming for an A
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (61)
57.01%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (11)
10.28%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (16)
14.95%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (7)
6.54%
I haven't started researching yet (7)
6.54%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (5)
4.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed