Turn on thread page Beta

UK house prices watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Paul Jones)
    hahahh never ever - i get embarassed about my house usually, i never normally talk about it lol
    how big is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kokopops1)
    how big is it?
    pretty big - 7 bedrooms and a granny flat outside

ReputationRep:
    pretty big - 7 bedrooms and a granny flat outside
    when can i move in??

ReputationRep:
    haahahaa - you'd move in then move out - my family is f**ked up lol

ReputationRep:
    haahahaa - you'd move in then move out - my family is f**ked up lol
    nah...if i get a room im happy!!

ReputationRep:
    i dont mind sharing

u got a sis? we could get bunk beds!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    If wages increase so will house prices. I think putting up interests rates and restricting the property margins property developers makle will help. Maybe there needs to be more sales tax as well, so if you were selling a house for £200k you would have to pay 10% tax on that which is £20,000!. This may make people think twice and keep lower the prices to avoid this tax.
    I hate to say it but government interfering with private sector profit margins is not IMO a particulary attractive solution.

ReputationRep:
    hahaha - no, she's a b**ch , you wouldn't wanna share with her lol

you can have my room - i'm leaving anyway hehe

ReputationRep:
    hahaha - no, she's a b**ch , you wouldn't wanna share with her lol

you can have my room - i'm leaving anyway hehe
    eww....i wudnt want ur room....wudnt no what i mite find!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    I hate to say it but government interfering with private sector profit margins is not IMO a particulary attractive solution.
    No but these companies are taking the mick, near me they are pulling down perfectly good buildings to build shoody flats which sell for £300k for a 2 bedroom luxery appartment. Its a joke and they are built badly too.

ReputationRep:
    No but these companies are taking the mick, near me they are pulling down perfectly good buildings to build shoody flats which sell for £300k for a 2 bedroom luxery appartment. Its a joke and they are built badly too.
    $300k. Sounds a lot. But then again, how much do they cost to build? Probably making 10%.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    $300k. Sounds a lot. But then again, how much do they cost to build? Probably making 10%.
    Nope they won't cost anything like that to build, they employ cheap labour skivies to do trade mans work, hence they are badly built. There is no way a small flat can cost anything like £250k to build.

Estate egants are pushing up prices all the time in my area and their behavour is disgusting. All it can lead to is house price crashes.

ReputationRep:
    My parents paid £15,000 for their house in 1980, its worth £180k now so its a tidy profit.
    Really? You've never told us that before.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.