The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
lol my coursework is counting how many times a locust breathes in 1 minute by counting the upwards and downwards movement of their chest!! WOO :biggrin:
Wangers
Our stuff is a half module of ecology + coursework. Coursework was sitting in a room, using microscopes to count stomata - 30 ****** pairs of leaves later predictably result = NOT SIGNIFICANT. although I wasnt err....too accurate the whole thing was sooo dull. And npw its behaviour and populations :frown:.

Aaaah, et tu? This coursework sucks so much, bloody tedious. And I think I invented half the biology behind the justification of the method :s-smilie:
Ecology....woooo fun fun fun lol

Or not -.-

I have to do coursework in this area too, and i actually had to do it last year! in July! which i felt was quite unfair cos our bio knowledge wasn't as good as it is now. WE went on some field course to sunny Wales...(and v suprisingly, it was DAM GOOD weather) Trip was good, apart from the ecology lol so basically everything not school related.

My coursework is on the "frond length of an algae" lol....which involved me screwin up my back bending down measuring the dam things =( admitedly, i measured about 5, then made up the next 50 lol :wink: then played footie on the beach, wahey

The only funny part of the ecology section was making repeated jokes about the latin name of my algae:

pelvetia CANILICULATA

Lolol but yeah. ECOLOGY = CRAP

marc
Just realised that this thread isnt actually meant to be about ecology ...oops, so thought id say something relevant

=(((((((((((((((((((((( to your situation starlight, but try lookin long term, and if u get the grades in this relatively short period of time, then u will have the rest of ur life to benefit from that work. Eat more chocolate when ur down and everything will seem OK!

ALternatively, go to your nearest wolworths and invest in their fantastic offers!...be seasonal and buy 12 creme eggs for...£3.50! no , im not lying, and ive already eaten 48 rofl!

or 48 twirls for £16.....<---- wtf was my response to that, but i love twirls....

Marc
Reply 24
short term pain = long term gain is my tutor's new catchphrase - hmmm
I'm actually going through this now, even after having offers. the worst thing is, the exact same thing happened to me last year, had offers last year too. I'm very dissapointed with myself as im finding it so hard to get motivated, especially as its happening all over again!!!

I honestly think its getting to the stage where i think there is something wrong in my head. its not a case of not understanding stuff, its just that im so lazzyyyyy.
arrrghhh
Don't worry, I have exactly that same problem, it's even worse when you don't even need the grades ^^. I found out what my problem was in general though today. I need a really quiet empty room/house to get any work done! Try it, might work...
Reply 27
hey
thanks guys!
Glad im not alone...ye i guess not getting a place this year shouldnt mean that i ruin all my previous hard work by failing A-levels, just finding it a lil hard to keep motivated!
i guess a gap year wouldnt be bad in terms of relaxing being able to travel etc...but going through the hell of reapplying...wouldnt be too relaxing for me, especially since i hate waiting....!!
Reply 28
Go visite some UNis, otherwise the "I'll apply there" becomes rather a nebulus concept.
Reply 29
in a way, by setting yourself up for a strong application (3 A's) will open up more avenues for you. If you have a first choice university it will become easier, like I really really wanted to go to UEA but ended up at Peninsula, n tbh i still feel like I should be at UEA

Latest

Trending

Trending