The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

UEA Social Night life?

I was thinking about applying to UEA for biochemistry and there were a few murmurs about UEA being a bit boring? I was just wondering if someone could clear it up for me. ps. is it quite gay friendly?
Im thinking about applying for biosciences and I've never heard any bad rumors!
- LCR is on-campus and has 2 clubnights a week (wednesdays and saturdays i think??) But not sure
- in the LCR they also hold loads of gigs- I know Foals, the Killers, Kings of Leon have a few coming up and Bombay Bicycle Club have played there too!
- the city centre, although it is a bus ride, is jam-packed with cute pubs and cocktail bars. There's a few clubs opposite some river I was told about

Idk about gay-friendly but if I hear anything else I'll let you know! :biggrin:
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Hiya :smile: I've just started first year at UEA and I don't think it's boring at all :smile: The LCR has 2 club nights (Tues and Sat) plus other artists coming in, also there's the bar on campus, the Waterfront venue in the city and all the other clubs around Norwich. Basically you're likely to find something you like - I've found stuff I enjoy ad I'm not even a clubbing person! Not 100% sure on gay-friendly but I've not come across anything/ anyone to suggest its not! If there's anything else you want to know just ask and I'll see if I can answer :smile:
Reply 3
Thank you both very much, thats great to hear cos it seems like such a nice uni
Original post by the beygency
I was thinking about applying to UEA for biochemistry and there were a few murmurs about UEA being a bit boring? I was just wondering if someone could clear it up for me. ps. is it quite gay friendly?

In addition to what others have said The Loft is the city's main gay club, think Sunday is their main night.
Don't know if it's gay friendly but it's certainly party crazy.
Not sure where you get the idea nightlife is boring - there's plenty going on around UEA and in Norwich! We'd recommend getting involved with some of the 200 societies the Union of UEA Students offers. There you'll make friends, get to try different things, and get to vary your social life with those from your course, flat, and clubs or societies.

[video="youtube;4ZorzwPuwv8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZorzwPuwv8[/video]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending