Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eggy Hog)
    I agree with you there - playing at the "House of Pain" is never easy.
    Next weeks test will be much closer so long as England get rid of Thomson, Dawson and the 1st 5/8 (Hodge?)
    NZ by 5
    Daft thing is England have got the class to beat NZ (or at least give them a far closer game than today) but seemed to be stuck as to what to do when the pack couldn't get on top. I think (and hope) you're right about the next match being closer and think if England can keep it close, they have the mental edge to beat them (though personally I thought Johnson was the key to the team more so than Wilkinson because he and his pack forced other sides to commit offences and give Wilkinson the pot shots at goal and he'll be sorely missed, even when Wilkinson returns).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meepmeep)
    Daft thing is England have got the class to beat NZ (or at least give them a far closer game than today) but seemed to be stuck as to what to do when the pack couldn't get on top. I think (and hope) you're right about the next match being closer and think if England can keep it close, they have the mental edge to beat them (though personally I thought Johnson was the key to the team more so than Wilkinson because he and his pack forced other sides to commit offences and give Wilkinson the pot shots at goal and he'll be sorely missed, even when Wilkinson returns).
    Very true.
    If England want to dominate the NZ pack next week, they need a) to get rid of Thomson (can't throw can't tackle) b) get rid of Grewcock (psycho) c) revert Hill to 6 and bring in a proper openside (do England have one?)

ReputationRep:
    Whoohoo, first New Zealand today and now France tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chidori)
    hi

ReputationRep:
    We seriously need to get our act together before contemplating winning the next Six Nations and/or World Cup! Glad I didn't see it. Disgusting. Just as well it wasn't Australia lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    hi
    That's very nice of you to say 'hi'. No-one else has said that to me before, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chidori)
    lol yeahhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meepmeep)
    New Zealand hae been sleeping recently. Today was their chance to really bring back some pride to their fans. This was the most obvious outcome since Australia played Romania in the WC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    New Zealand hae been sleeping recently. Today was their chance to really bring back some pride to their fans. This was the most obvious outcome since Australia played Romania in the WC.
    To be fair, I expected the final of the world cup to be England v NZ and thought they potentially were the biggest challenge they could face, but they seemed to bottle it against Australia in the semis (no offense meant to the Australian side Everdawn, but it wasn't the strongest Kangeroo RU side in recent times).

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.