Drug therapy - schizophrenia. (INTRODUCTION HELP)

Watch
ambergraver
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
PLEASE can someone read this and tell me if it is enough for AO1 for the first half of this essay question: 'Outlineand Evaluate one biological and one psychological therapy for Schizophrenia'

"The most commonly used biological therapy in treating Schizophrenia (Sz) is drug therapy. There are two main categories of drugs - Neuroleptic and Atypical - and some, can be more effective in reducing positive symptoms such as hallucinations, delusions, compared to the negative i.e. feelings of flatness and a lack of motivation. Neuroleptic drugs such as Thorazone and Prolixin can help to reduce the symptoms of Sz by blocking the D2 receptors which in turn reduces the level of activity of dopamine in the brain. Atypical drugs such as Clozaril, similarly blocks the activity of the neurotransmitter dopamine, however also effects the activity of serotonin."

Thank you.
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Tank Girl)
x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (178)
15.27%
Uncertainty around my education (192)
16.47%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (114)
9.78%
Isolating with family (80)
6.86%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (44)
3.77%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (99)
8.49%
Loneliness (114)
9.78%
Financial worries (52)
4.46%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (109)
9.35%
Exposure to negative news/social media (85)
7.29%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (99)
8.49%

Watched Threads