De Montfort or Leicester University? Watch

Jango Fett
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm considering applying to do a History & International Relations course, and these two Universities cropped up interestingly within a kilometer of one another, they both offer the course I'm interested in, so I'll need something to set them apart to make a final decision.
If you attend either or know anything feel free to drop something here, it would be appreciated.

PS: I'm aware this topic has already been covered in 2008, but I'm assuming both Universities have changed to some extent in the last seven years or so, so a refresh is due methinks! :badger:
polpo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Leicester is more highly regarded.
Jango Fett
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by polpo)
Leicester is more highly regarded.
Cool, but regard is one thing, how about site life, lecturers etc?
Blinky7882
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Many of the halls and other student accommodation blocks in Leicester are shared between DMU and UoL, or are managed by the same companies; so your living experience will likely be the same (although there are some UoL halls that are about 40 minutes away from campus by bus, rather than a 5 minute walk from all the DMU halls). Obviously the city is the same, you will likely make friends from both universities. Yes UoL is more established, but DMU keeps going up in the league tables every year. DMU has one of the best student satisfaction ratings in terms of teaching quality, university life, and employability statistics are also great. So while you might get an almost-Russell group experience at UoL, De Montfort is a more welcoming environment, with a big emphasis on employability, the student union, and enjoying the student experience. I also read that this year it has been rated in the top 10 universities in the UK for teaching quality for about 13 subjects or so. Yes I am biased as I study Computing at DMU, however I also have friends at UoL who say they are not enjoying their experience so much. I would go to both open days and see which you prefer the feel of. Hope this helped
Evil Genius
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's like comparing a PS4 to a PS1, Uni Of Leicester of obviously way better and I've seen both of them.

Work hard and get into the better uni.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (23)
6.42%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (207)
57.82%
No (128)
35.75%

Watched Threads