The Student Room Group

Magdalen College School Sixth Form?

Has anyone applied to MCS for Sixth Form in 2016?

I have just been invited for the interviews and verbal reasoning test and I'm a bit nervous as I don't know how to prepare for them!

Does anyone go to MCS and can tell me about what I should be expecting e.g. questions they ask in interviews/type of questions in the verbal reasoning test?
Reply 1
I think I am applying
I know someone who applied last year - he didn't get in, but I can give you some tips from what he told me about it. For your interview, make sure you're up-to-date on current events and can express and justify some kind of opinion about it - they might ask you stuff like what you think we should do about the refugee crisis, etc (though that might be only if you're planning on taking Politics like he was). Make sure you have a solid knowledge of your GCSE curriculum (especially math!) for your subject specific interviews - do some revision beforehand. You can't really do much to prepare for the Verbal Reasoning (maybe look online for some papers), and I think they put your interview performance over the score from that test anyway.
Reply 3
thankyou very much. I was there on their open day: it is an exceptional school; their results are outstanding and i love their Waynflete programme. I was told that you need at least 6A*s to apply; hopefully i should exceed that :smile:. However you have now scared me with the interviews. I was told the ratio of competition was around 1:2. I am planning on taking maths,economics,chemistry,biology, possibly further maths.

Hope to see u there in 2016
Reply 4
I forgot to ask what school r u currently at?

Quick Reply

Latest