The Student Room Group
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London

Goldsmiths Entry Discussion Thread 2016/17

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Hey guys :smile: doing the Eng lit and creative writing BA starting this September, super excited! Anyone else having difficulties registering for the accommodation application process? Anyone considering Surrey House :biggrin: ?
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London
Original post by lwarberg
Hey guys :smile: doing the Eng lit and creative writing BA starting this September, super excited! Anyone else having difficulties registering for the accommodation application process? Anyone considering Surrey House :biggrin: ?

Surrey House is my first choice! They haven't sent the emails out yet.
Reply 82
Original post by lwarberg

I've been having the same problem trying to log on the website!
I'm looking at Surrey House as well :h:
Original post by tarattt
I've been having the same problem trying to log on the website!
I'm looking at Surrey House as well :h:

I can't seem to log on either :/
Reply 84
Original post by poeswayne
I can't seem to log on either :/

I'm trying to apply for accommodation as well Do you get an email with log in info? As I havn't recieved mine yet. Or can you just register? The website seems to be really slow.
Original post by Janaa11
I'm trying to apply for accommodation as well Do you get an email with log in info? As I havn't recieved mine yet. Or can you just register? The website seems to be really slow.

The email telling me my application to study was successful had my student number, so with that info I registered for the accommodation portal (about ten days ago). It worked then, but now the site is also really slow for me. I've emailed them about it.
Reply 86
Original post by poeswayne
The email telling me my application to study was successful had my student number, so with that info I registered for the accommodation portal (about ten days ago). It worked then, but now the site is also really slow for me. I've emailed them about it.

The website let me in at like 12:30 and I tried to sign for an accommodation hall but I saw that the only hall choice for under 18's was Lorring Hall?
And then the website shut me off because I was inactive so I'm currently sending in a new application. Hopefully it works this time!
Hey guys!

We're really sorry about the ongoing issues with the accommodation application site, we're working on it and hope it will be back up soon. Thanks for your patience.

Shaun
Is there any chance of knowing when the accommodation sign up will be up and running again? It's not worked for me since 1PM when I registered
Original post by FlyAwayPixie
Is there any chance of knowing when the accommodation sign up will be up and running again? It's not worked for me since 1PM when I registered

Hi FlyAwayPixie,

Thanks for your message and your patience! Unfortunately the site is still down, we are working hard to fix the issue. I recommending periodically checking our Twitter page for updates. This page will also keep you updated.

We're very sorry for this inconvenience!

Many thanks,
Shaun
Reply 90
Hey guys,

I got an offer from the Goldsmiths and it is really exciting:smile:
However I have been not able to sign up for the accommodation application.
I know the site was down till 11 May, and it gives me only these messages 'The date of birth is not valid. Please try again following the format DD/MM/YYYY' or my personal details are invalid since then. Even though I put my info correctly.
I e-mailed the accommodation office about this, but they have not given me an answer yet.
Does anyone who have same problem or solve it?
Hey everybody! I'm starting Goldsmiths in September to study Sociology! Living at home though which has me panicking a little...
I have accepted my unconditional offer to study English (with a foundation year) at Goldsmiths. I was wondering if anyone had any information on what the foundation year includes. For example, will it be college level? How many hours I'd be in lectures a week? Just any additional information. Thanks very much.
Original post by Nafda
Hey guys,

I got an offer from the Goldsmiths and it is really exciting:smile:
However I have been not able to sign up for the accommodation application.
I know the site was down till 11 May, and it gives me only these messages 'The date of birth is not valid. Please try again following the format DD/MM/YYYY' or my personal details are invalid since then. Even though I put my info correctly.
I e-mailed the accommodation office about this, but they have not given me an answer yet.
Does anyone who have same problem or solve it?

Hi Nafda,

Apologies, I missed your message! I hope everything went okay in the end? Once you've firmly accepted your offer you'd need to wait 24 hours before applying for accommodation, this may have been the issue. Let me know how you got on.

Ps Congratulations on your offer!! :smile:

Best wishes,
Shaun
Original post by YazminL97
I have accepted my unconditional offer to study English (with a foundation year) at Goldsmiths. I was wondering if anyone had any information on what the foundation year includes. For example, will it be college level? How many hours I'd be in lectures a week? Just any additional information. Thanks very much.

Hi YazminL97,

Congratulations on your offer! :smile:

You can read about the foundation year here, under 'Modules & structure' - http://www.gold.ac.uk/ug/integrated-degree-english/

For timetable details, or any other queries about the course, you'll need to get in touch with the convenor, Dr Gail McDonald. You can reach Dr McDonald via [email protected]

Hope this helps!

All the best,
Shaun
Hey there,
I've been trying all day to do my accommodation application online but the link on the website isn't working and I don't know what to do!!! The deadline is tmrw at 4PM and I was just wondering if anyone else was having this problem and if anyone has any advice that would be great
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE this is super urgent
Thank you and good luck with all your applications
Imo X
Original post by Goldsmiths, University of London
If you're applying to study at Goldsmiths for 2016/17, this is the place to discuss your thoughts and aspirations with other potential/current Goldsmiths students.

If you've got specific questions relating to your application, courses, accommodation, Open Days or anything else Goldsmiths, give me a shout over here.

To get the ball rolling, which courses are you thinking about applying at Goldsmiths?

Shaun.

ps. We've got a fancy new website. check it out.

Hey there,I've been trying all day to do my accommodation application online but the link on the website isn't working and I don't know what to do!!! The deadline is at 4PM and I was just wondering if anyone else was having this problem and if anyone has any advice that would be greatPLEASE PLEASE PLEASE this is super urgentThank you and good luck with all your applications
Imo X
Original post by imo.sheehan
Hey there,I've been trying all day to do my accommodation application online but the link on the website isn't working and I don't know what to do!!! The deadline is at 4PM and I was just wondering if anyone else was having this problem and if anyone has any advice that would be greatPLEASE PLEASE PLEASE this is super urgentThank you and good luck with all your applications
Imo X

Hi imo.sheehan,

Thanks for your message.

We're very sorry you were having issues with the website. How did you get on in the end? I recommend calling our Accommodation team as soon as possible this morning via +44 (0)20 7919 7192/7130

Let me know how you got on.
Shaun
Hi everyone,

I've got an offer for Music Computing! Really love the vibe of Goldsmiths and working hard to get the grades!

Managed to get through the nightmare that was the accommodation website :P hoping for Surrey House!

send me a message if you've applied, would be cool to talk to some other people who're hopefully starting in September! :smile:
Hi I got a conditional offer to study Management of Innovation at Goldsmith.. Iam really interested in the course !! However I dont meet the english requirement ;(

I want to study a pre session english at the school. However it requires a UKVI IELTS !! its shame that I just hold normal IELTS. its almost impossible for me to retake the test :frown:(.. anyone know is it possible for me to join the pre session english course with my normal IELTS ? :frown:(((((

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending