?
Report 5 years ago
Whats so funny?
Masih ad-Dajjal
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I always think the best looking guys are an extreme mix of masculinity and femininity, nothing at all like in the OP

A guy with defined jaw and chin, slitty steely eyes, height and musculature with cruelty and competitiveness, but soft plump lips and thick wavy hair
Straighthate
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by eoe)
Whats so funny?
1- the term is an oxymoron and is therefore a paradox (it cant be true)
2- these people say they are gender neutral yet they identify with masculinity (the quintessential male trait), these are the same people that say gender is not the same as your biological sex, so they arent really gender neutral at all, they are again contradicting themselves
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Is it time we invented a new pronoun for those that don't identify with either gender? Like "hir".
Straighthate
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
Is it time we invented a new pronoun for those that don't identify with either gender? Like "hir".
my sexuality and gender are invalid
Bupdeeboowah
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Finally, people who understand how I feel when I say that I gender-identify as potato!

Note: potato-kin enjoy sprinkling themselves with bacon bits and chives, and are extremely guilty for our ancestors' hate crimes against the Irish.
Rorschach II
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Straighthate)
1- the term is an oxymoron and is therefore a paradox (it cant be true)
2- these people say they are gender neutral yet they identify with masculinity (the quintessential male trait), these are the same people that say gender is not the same as your biological sex, so they arent really gender neutral at all, they are again contradicting themselves
No it's not an oxymoron.
Female is a sex one's had since birth.
Masculinity are a set of qualities or attributes typically associated with the male sex.
So female masculinity is obviously the occurrence of said attributes in females.

;duh: ;dope:

Gender isn't the same as biological sex.
Gender is a set of behaviours associated with and the identity built around a certain sex, yes, having biological bases, but still a largely societal construct.
Sex is either the XX or XY (oversimplification here, more like with XXXXX and YYYYY) one's had since birth.
Rorschach II
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
Lol :laugh:
Rorschach II
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Bupdeeboowah)
Finally, people who understand how I feel when I say that I gender-identify as potato!Note: potato-kin enjoy sprinkling themselves with bacon bits and chives, and are extremely guilty for our ancestors' hate crimes against the Irish.
Is that not crossing the boundaries between species, so how is that applicable? -.- ? ;duh:
Bupdeeboowah
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by XcitingStuart)
Is that not crossing the boundaries between species, so how is that applicable? -.- ? ;duh:
Tumblr defines gender as something you identify with and is not thus not confined to the female/male dichotomy.

Since it's on Tumblr, then it must be true. Hence I can identify as anything I feel I am, and not allowing me to express my true self is an act of oppression from a privileged white male.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (193)
14.32%
I'm not sure (60)
4.45%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (393)
29.15%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.74%
I'm not a current university student (665)
49.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed