The Student Room Group

AQA History essays ''cheat sheet''

I'm in year 12 so the new spec. In class essays/exams I'm getting C's and I have had one B in a Cold War essay.
As I've gone from full marks OCR at GCSE I would like to aim for an A at A level. My teachers are not giving me a lot of advice on how to improve as 90% of the class are working at below a C so I'm on the back burner for a little while.
Does anyone have any essay tips or advice? Or a ''tried and tested'' essay structure? I'm doing Cold War and Tudors.
Thank you! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by KristaWinchester
I'm in year 12 so the new spec. In class essays/exams I'm getting C's and I have had one B in a Cold War essay.
As I've gone from full marks OCR at GCSE I would like to aim for an A at A level. My teachers are not giving me a lot of advice on how to improve as 90% of the class are working at below a C so I'm on the back burner for a little while.
Does anyone have any essay tips or advice? Or a ''tried and tested'' essay structure? I'm doing Cold War and Tudors.
Thank you! :smile:

How successful?
Extremely successful
Moderately successful
Relatively successful
Relatively unsuccessful
Very unsuccessful

Also make combinations from above with the following: political, economic, social, religious, martial and geopolitical standpoints.

e.g. moderately successful from an economic perspective due to policy x and y but relatively unsuccessful from a geopolitical standpoint for policy z.

To what extent?
Large extent.
Moderate extent.
Mild extent.
Little extent.
Little to no extent.

Again make combinations from above.

And read mark-schemes along with examiner reports.

Make sure you address the question at the beginning of each paragraph and evaluate the question at the end of each paragraph.
Original post by Windies
How successful?
Extremely successful
Moderately successful
Relatively successful
Relatively unsuccessful
Very unsuccessful

Also make combinations from above with the following: political, economic, social, religious, martial and geopolitical standpoints.

e.g. moderately successful from an economic perspective due to policy x and y but relatively unsuccessful from a geopolitical standpoint for policy z.

To what extent?
Large extent.
Moderate extent.
Mild extent.
Little extent.
Little to no extent.

Again make combinations from above.

And read mark-schemes along with examiner reports.

Make sure you address the question at the beginning of each paragraph and evaluate the question at the end of each paragraph.

Thanks to you I got an A in my essay that I got given back today. Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest