Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Clothes on the Net... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I know its better to acctually go shopping and purchase clothes etc but when you purchase casual clothes online, which websites do you usually buy your clothes from?

Just out of intrest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siliviax)
    I know its better to acctually go shopping and purchase clothes etc but when you purchase casual clothes online, which websites do you usually buy your clothes from?

Just out of intrest
    Argos additions (it changed its name to argos direct i think)
    and LXdirect (index)
    They usually have good stuff, and reasonable prices.

ReputationRep:
    topman online r good

ReputationRep:
    Depends, sometimes it's good if the shop isn't in ur town.
    But they don't always show all their stock online, I know topshop doesn't.

ReputationRep:
    Argos additions. I only really get jeans and coats from here. All other clothes I buy on the high street.

ReputationRep:
    I used to live by Runway Clothing. It had a great combination of luxury brands and trashy/vintage clothing, and good prices too. unfortunately they have closed for restocking, but will open soon I hope.

ReputationRep:
    isn't it ironic how the only item of clothing I like on the topman online shop is sold out in my size :rolleyes: ah well

ReputationRep:
    Oh since we're on the subject of clothes... what is considered "cheap" and "average priced" in the UK?

I'm from Brunei where we can get jeans for 2 pounds (after conversion) so I know that everything in the UK will seem horribly expensive!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    Oh since we're on the subject of clothes... what is considered "cheap" and "average priced" in the UK?

I'm from Brunei where we can get jeans for 2 pounds (after conversion) so I know that everything in the UK will seem horribly expensive!
    £2 :eek:

Ermm depends what you want to buy really, jeans would usually cost me around £40, depending on what quality or style jeans I get though... it would increase/decrease

ReputationRep:

For jeans, cheap is probably a tenner, average about twenty, and ridiculously overpriced is anything more

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/coder/5d6a/
    lol

ReputationRep:

£50 is about average...

ReputationRep:
    www.asos.com is great value with nice clothes! Always a good sale on there, and if you spend > £50 delivery is free!

i like noflysonus for cute tshirts, although it is really expensive so i buy things when they have a sale like i got my cute pucca bag for £9 instead of £25 when they had a sale

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siliviax)
    £2 :eek:

Ermm depends what you want to buy really, jeans would usually cost me around £40, depending on what quality or style jeans I get though... it would increase/decrease
    OH woah.. that's horribly expensive!!
    Here stuff is cheap coz' there are factory outlets of US chains and the goods get smuggled out illegally. So there are Tommy Hilfiger jackets going at 3pounds etc... you get the drift.

I bought a pair of jeans for 20 pounds in Canada, and when I got back, I found the exact same pair in a different shade for 1.50 pounds. It was just crazy.

ReputationRep:
    OH woah.. that's horribly expensive!!
    Here stuff is cheap coz' there are factory outlets of US chains and the goods get smuggled out illegally. So there are Tommy Hilfiger jackets going at 3pounds etc... you get the drift.

I bought a pair of jeans for 20 pounds in Canada, and when I got back, I found the exact same pair in a different shade for 1.50 pounds. It was just crazy.
    WOW!!!!!!! i must go over one day to shop!! im from malaysia and while stuff is relatively cheap its never anything like 2 pounds for a pair of jeans!!!
    we have factory outlet stores too but the clothes there aren't smuggled!..they're actually rejects...

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.