This discussion is closed.
siliviax
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I know its better to acctually go shopping and purchase clothes etc but when you purchase casual clothes online, which websites do you usually buy your clothes from?

Just out of intrest
Ramaya
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by siliviax)
I know its better to acctually go shopping and purchase clothes etc but when you purchase casual clothes online, which websites do you usually buy your clothes from?

Just out of intrest
Argos additions (it changed its name to argos direct i think)
and LXdirect (index)
They usually have good stuff, and reasonable prices.
fatboyslim
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
topman online r good
nabzp
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Depends, sometimes it's good if the shop isn't in ur town.
But they don't always show all their stock online, I know topshop doesn't.
Homegrownkitten
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Argos additions. I only really get jeans and coats from here. All other clothes I buy on the high street.
amexblack
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I used to live by Runway Clothing. It had a great combination of luxury brands and trashy/vintage clothing, and good prices too. unfortunately they have closed for restocking, but will open soon I hope.
siliviax
Rep:
?
isn't it ironic how the only item of clothing I like on the topman online shop is sold out in my size :rolleyes: ah well
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Oh since we're on the subject of clothes... what is considered "cheap" and "average priced" in the UK?

I'm from Brunei where we can get jeans for 2 pounds (after conversion) so I know that everything in the UK will seem horribly expensive!
siliviax
Rep:
?
(Original post by lilsunflower)
Oh since we're on the subject of clothes... what is considered "cheap" and "average priced" in the UK?

I'm from Brunei where we can get jeans for 2 pounds (after conversion) so I know that everything in the UK will seem horribly expensive!
£2 :eek:

Ermm depends what you want to buy really, jeans would usually cost me around £40, depending on what quality or style jeans I get though... it would increase/decrease
Dr. Blazed
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

For jeans, cheap is probably a tenner, average about twenty, and ridiculously overpriced is anything more
Hal9k
Report 15 years ago
http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/coder/5d6a/
lol
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

£50 is about average...
Butterfly
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
www.asos.com is great value with nice clothes! Always a good sale on there, and if you spend > £50 delivery is free!
happydinosaur
Badges: 14
Report 15 years ago
i like noflysonus for cute tshirts, although it is really expensive so i buy things when they have a sale like i got my cute pucca bag for £9 instead of £25 when they had a sale
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by siliviax)
£2 :eek:

Ermm depends what you want to buy really, jeans would usually cost me around £40, depending on what quality or style jeans I get though... it would increase/decrease
OH woah.. that's horribly expensive!!
Here stuff is cheap coz' there are factory outlets of US chains and the goods get smuggled out illegally. So there are Tommy Hilfiger jackets going at 3pounds etc... you get the drift.

I bought a pair of jeans for 20 pounds in Canada, and when I got back, I found the exact same pair in a different shade for 1.50 pounds. It was just crazy.
p8224
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
OH woah.. that's horribly expensive!!
Here stuff is cheap coz' there are factory outlets of US chains and the goods get smuggled out illegally. So there are Tommy Hilfiger jackets going at 3pounds etc... you get the drift.

I bought a pair of jeans for 20 pounds in Canada, and when I got back, I found the exact same pair in a different shade for 1.50 pounds. It was just crazy.
WOW!!!!!!! i must go over one day to shop!! im from malaysia and while stuff is relatively cheap its never anything like 2 pounds for a pair of jeans!!!
we have factory outlet stores too but the clothes there aren't smuggled!..they're actually rejects...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (28)
7.87%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (32)
8.99%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (78)
21.91%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (44)
12.36%
No, nothing has changed (109)
30.62%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (65)
18.26%

Watched Threads