I can't seem to get my crush alone and it's driving me crazy! Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have a group of friends that I hang out with socially around 2-3 times a week, mostly in the evenings and I have a crush on one of my guy friends. Every time for instance he offers to walk me to the tube station someone else jumps in and tags along it's so annoying Even like when we got outside the bar by ourselves someone then follows. I'm wanting to hint to him face to face that I would like to be more than friends (rather than through text or social media) but it is extremely hard to do around other people!

Does anyone have any tips for me?
Harvey Dent
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ask him on a date? Seriously, I don't remember when having courage went out of fashion.
Maggie_O
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have a group of friends that I hang out with socially around 2-3 times a week, mostly in the evenings and I have a crush on one of my guy friends. Every time for instance he offers to walk me to the tube station someone else jumps in and tags along it's so annoying Even like when we got outside the bar by ourselves someone then follows. I'm wanting to hint to him face to face that I would like to be more than friends (rather than through text or social media) but it is extremely hard to do around other people!

Does anyone have any tips for me?
Lol I hate that when people unknowingly cockblock you.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Harvey Dent)
Ask him on a date? Seriously, I don't remember when having courage went out of fashion.
Yes but how????? The whole point is there are always people buzzing around us and I am not going to ask him infront of them. How do I isolate him to ask the question in the first place?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Maggie_O)
Lol I hate that when people unknowingly cockblock you.
To be honest I can't quite be sure it's unknowingly. I have a feeling one of the guys who does this on the regular has the hots for me and won't leave us alone
Maggie_O
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
To be honest I can't quite be sure it's unknowingly. I have a feeling one of the guys who does this on the regular has the hots for me and won't leave us alone
Oh. Well then sometimes what I've done when I was younger anyway was conspire a plan with friends or his friends, to get the guy alone with me or it's happened to me as well like I'd be walking home and then my friend annoyingly gets up and leaves me or walks another route and I'm left with this boy :confused: One time one of my best friends leaves me with this guy who she knows I don't like and he follows me all the way home! So I just made him hold my stuff, Idk

Anyway maybe let them know, hey I wanna talk to (whatever your crush's name is). Gimme some space.
Anonymous #1
Oh. Well then sometimes what I've done when I was younger anyway was conspire a plan with friends or his friends, to get the guy alone with me or it's happened to me as well like I'd be walking home and then my friend annoyingly gets up and leaves me or walks another route and I'm left with this boy :confused: One time one of my best friends leaves me with this guy who she knows I don't like and he follows me all the way home! So I just made him hold my stuff, Idk

Anyway maybe let them know, hey I wanna talk to (whatever your crush's name is). Gimme some space.
That's actually a really good idea although I'm kind of scared that my friends will blab before the time is right. But yes if people try to to join us I just need to be honest and say, do you mind giving us a minute?
Maggie_O
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
That's actually a really good idea although I'm kind of scared that my friends will blab before the time is right. But yes if people try to to join us I just need to be honest and say, do you mind giving us a minute?
Ooo that sounds like drama
Anonymous #1
Ooo that sounds like drama
Haha it will be if I don't get him alone soon... I'm going insane! :nooo:
Maggie_O
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Haha it will be if I don't get him alone soon... I'm going insane! :nooo:
Just...have your pitch prepared. It may only show up in rom coms where people practice calling their crush on the phone in the mirror. But...it can't hurt
Anonymous #1
Just...have your pitch prepared. It may only show up in rom coms where people practice calling their crush on the phone in the mirror. But...it can't hurt
That is another good idea I'm going to start rehearsing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (165)
18.46%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (91)
10.18%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (148)
16.55%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (131)
14.65%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (85)
9.51%
How can I be the best version of myself? (274)
30.65%

Watched Threads