Turn on thread page Beta

Losing your wallet, i sympathise with anyone who has watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    After bringing back my (very) drunken girlfriend on wednesday night, I managed to leave my wallet in the taxi.

I only had 60p in it, so I don't care much for that, but its the hassle of:

My Bank Cards (Cancelling and replacing)
    U-Card (NUS and needed for Exams) £7 Replace
    Swipe Card (To let me into halls) £3 Replace
    Railcard (Which I need monday) £A few pounds at least
    Hall Card (Which I am supposed to need for food but rarely do) £5 Charge

The worst thing is, I need my bank card to collect my train ticket from the station on Monday for identification. I also need to produce my railcard on the train. Hopefully my bank cards will be here on Monday, as I cancelled and replaced them on Thursday.

However, I went down to the HSBC today at 2pm (thinking it would be open) however they close at 12:30pm on a Saturday. Nothings going right!

And to make it even worse!! I got an email from paypal.com telling me to upgrade my personal details which I then did. However only later did I realise i'd been had (an absolutely brilliant one at that), and I can't cancel my account or change my password because I don't have a card number!! Arghhh

Luckily for me I dont have any credit or debit cards added to the account, otherwise I'd be screwed.

I can probably work out my switch card number if somebody gives me some clues...I think it goes something like...

6795 (Sort code? xxxx) (Account number xxxx xxxx)

I also have no money left on my phone so can't ring anyone

Oh yeah, I'm also moving house today.

What a mess!!!!!

- Adam

sorry to hear of your disappointment and it's happened to me once, lost £30 ;/ and i hardly ever lose things!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYa911)
    sorry to hear of your disappointment and it's happened to me once, lost £30 ;/ and i hardly ever lose things!
    Its the first time this has happened to me as well, I have a bad memory so got into the routine of double checking everything. I think I was concentrating too much on looking after my girlfriend.

- Adam

ReputationRep:
    I don;t have a wallet for this reason, If I go clubbing I put all my stuff in different pockets.

(Original post by byb3)
    Its the first time this has happened to me as well, I have a bad memory so got into the routine of double checking everything. I think I was concentrating too much on looking after my girlfriend.

- Adam
    typical GIRLS

ReputationRep:
    someone stole my wallet in my crappy school n there was like 5 of my favourite pic, i was soo upset that day

ReputationRep:
    Oh no poor you. Hope things start getting better for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)
    After bringing back my (very) drunken girlfriend on wednesday night, I managed to leave my wallet in the taxi.

I only had 60p in it, so I don't care much for that, but its the hassle of:

SNIPPED

Oh yeah, I'm also moving house today.

What a mess!!!!!

- Adam
    Your HSBC switch number is of the form:

6759[SORT CODE][ACCOUNT NUMBER]

Both your sort code and account number will be on your cheque book.

I assume you meant 6759 instead of 6795? Or perhaps they're different, but I doubt it, as I thought the first four numbers were the same for all HSBC Switch cards.

Good luck getting it all sorted!

ReputationRep:
    I know exactly how you feel - I lost my wallet last week either in Borders or on a bus! I came home and it wasn't in my pocket, so I searched all around the house to no avail - and the revision guides I bought from Borders were crock of sh*t - Sod's Law.

It had a fiver in it, which i suppose is expendable. Luckily it wasn't any more.

BUT it had my bank card + cheque book - which will cost £7 to replace
    My fake ID - which will cost £10, and which I need for next week - argghhh
    My library card - which is a fecking nuisance because I need to take books out atm.
    My NUS associate card - dunno how much to replace but it cost £12
    My Rileys snooker card - dunno how much that will cost to replace

The wallet itself was a £35 Diesel wallet which I bought in Rome two years ago - and matched my bag - I haven't seen one in the UK. I just want the wallet back, even if it's empty, but it has blatantly been pocketed by someone argghhh.

ReputationRep:
    i have a chain on my wallet which i brought seperatly, and i chain it to my jean, so i will never lose it!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahaydenuk)
    Your HSBC switch number is of the form:

6759[SORT CODE][ACCOUNT NUMBER]

Both your sort code and account number will be on your cheque book.

I assume you meant 6759 instead of 6795? Or perhaps they're different, but I doubt it, as I thought the first four numbers were the same for all HSBC Switch cards.

Good luck getting it all sorted!
    Cheers very much rich, paypal account is sorted.

Now I can't wait till I get a new wallet with everything all sorted inside.

I like the idea of a chain, I think u can get these alarms where if u walk a certain distance away from it it will set off. I'll probably just stick to being a lot more careful in future.

- Adam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    My fake ID - which will cost £10, and which I need for next week - argghhh.
    thats sounds cool ermm i wish i ahd 1 bt im 18 now so dont really need it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I don;t have a wallet for this reason, If I go clubbing I put all my stuff in different pockets.
    um, you do realise that its so much easier for someone to pick a debit / credit card out of your pocket than a wallet? then with stuff dotted around your pockets you wouldn't notice for a while...

ReputationRep:
    mine was a bit of a different story, lol, i got out my wallet 4 a mate who didnt hvae any changed left. I droped my wallet, and by the time i bent over..it was gone..this was all in a club. What joy....

I looked 4 it , and ppl helped me look 4 it , but there was a lot of crap in it. Lol, the next morning, i got a call from the owner of the club. He found my wallet, with evershting in it , but the euros (this was in germany) had been taken out, but the pounds that is till had in there hadd been left in. FUnny funny ppl who nick wallets. Anyway best of luck with the move and all !

Sabrina
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    I've had my wallet nicked before. It's terrible.

ReputationRep:
    My teacher lost his wallet the day we went to france, it had everything in it from insurance money to hotel accomodation etc, it was actually quite bad, but we leant him money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammypotato)
    thats sounds cool ermm i wish i ahd 1 bt im 18 now so dont really need it
    Yeh it was a good one as well - I've used it at loads of places and never had a problem. It's really harsh, because I'm broke and if I use my passport photocopy I will be restricted to 2 clubs, which aren't that great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    When I go out though, I don't have pockets, or at least not big enough to put in my phone, cards (bank card, college card and ID) and keys.

I've lost my purse/had it stolen once, which was a real pain as it had quite a bit of money along with a whole load of cards and stuff in there. Was right in the middle of my Christmas shopping as well, which made it even worse :mad:

I resolve this issue by just never leaving the house. I do however sustain the hassle of having to get up to find food.

ReputationRep:
    Its happened to me before, I had my driving licence in mine as well which is £20 to replace. I solved the problem by just taking out cash and ID, much easier

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.