Turn on thread page Beta

Is £364 cheap for this holiday? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    This all four and three star hotels and a return flight. I booked it manualy on the internet cutting out the travel agents.

The first two nights we are staying in a four star hotel in barcelona, then three nights in Lloret Del Mar full board, then another two nights in a 3 star hotel in Barcelona.

The total cost was £364 including flights for 7 nights. My mates dad has been moaning that has cost too much and he could have got it cheaper in a travel agents. However I think £364 seems quite cheap to me (this is the price each not total!). I am just a bit annoyed.

This is also at the end of July the dearest time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    This all four and three star hotels and a return flight. I booked it manualy on the internet cutting out the travel agents.

The first two nights we are staying in a four star hotel in barcelona, then three nights in Lloret Del Mar full board, then another two nights in a 3 star hotel in Barcelona.

The total cost was £364 including flights for 7 nights. My mates dad has been moaning that has cost too much and he could have got it cheaper in a travel agents. However I think £364 seems quite cheap to me (this is the price each not total!). I am just a bit annoyed.

since ure staying in different hotels at different places the price isn't that bad. flights are expensive so overall id pay it.

ReputationRep:
    doesnt sound very expensive, sounds quite good 2 me!!
    have a nice time!!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks I should do, i just hope my mate dosn't be a spoil sport and ruine it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)

that sounds good to me, i payed £299 for seven nights in a 4* hotel and think i did pretty good! what board is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allisandro)
    that sounds good to me, i payed £299 for seven nights in a 4* hotel and think i did pretty good! what board is it?
    Some hotels are full board, others a just B&B.

ReputationRep:
    that is really cheap...my sis spent 350 (b+b)for 4 days in a 3 star last year 4 barcelona
    littleone xxx

ReputationRep:
    The main factor in a holiday price is the time you go at, as far as I'm aware of they divide the summer season up so that early-mid june(term time I guess) is relatively cheap then late june to mid july has moderately increased prices then from late july to the very end of august prices are at a premium. To add to this Barca isn't a particularly cheap city at the best of times, but being on the coast, means the seasons are even more influencial than say Madrid. Basically I think you gotta a really good deal and Barcelona is a great city!

ReputationRep:
    I don't suppose it's that expensive, depends where the hotel is and things. Me and my bf are spending 4 nights (but 5 days in total) in Venice - that cost under £150 each.

Bargain!

ReputationRep:
    Sounds fine to me, it's in the middle of summer and all 3/4 star.

I went to Barcelona last year with my mum. It was about £65.00 return for the flighta (Monarch out of Manchester) and the hotel (3*) was about £30.00 per night B+B, but that was in November so I think you have a good deal.

Tell your dad to go find the same holiday for cheeper. If he can 'phone whoever you booked with and ask them to reduce the price. They probably won't but worth a try.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sashh)
    Sounds fine to me, it's in the middle of summer and all 3/4 star.

I went to Barcelona last year with my mum. It was about £65.00 return for the flighta (Monarch out of Manchester) and the hotel (3*) was about £30.00 per night B+B, but that was in November so I think you have a good deal.

Tell your dad to go find the same holiday for cheeper. If he can 'phone whoever you booked with and ask them to reduce the price. They probably won't but worth a try.
    I was about to say how the hell did you get sucha cheap flight. Its all booked now and it wasn't booked with a travel agents, I was the travel agent .

I guess your flights were cheap because you went in Novemeber, the cheapest flights I could find from Manchester were £300 return, and all the cheap ones were already booked. We are having to fly from Easyjet Liverpool now but its only half an hour away early in the morning so its not too bad.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.