This discussion is closed.
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
my suggestions are littered all over the place, and some are being ignored. so now, d knows exactly where to look for everyones suggestions.

1) put a page 2,3,4,5 thing at the top of the page as well as the bottom, ive read the first page of most discussions a million times. and i need to get onto page 13 quicker!!

2) make pm quicker, at the mo we have to go throu loads of crap to get to it, you could just out a button next to the cp button.

love Katy ***
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
wheres the calander that in our profile says exists???

love Katy ***
It'sPhil...
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I presume you aleady know this but if you want to get to the last page of a thread you just click on the box with a sideways arrow, or if you want to go to the first unread post click on the box with an upwards arrow.

As I said I'm sure you already know but i thought i'd say anyway......
Rich
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ickle_katy)
wheres the calander that in our profile says exists???

love Katy ***
Here it is: http://www.uk-learning.net/calendar.php. I don't know where the link has gone though...
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
(Original post by It'sPhil...)
I presume you aleady know this but if you want to get to the last page of a thread you just click on the box with a sideways arrow, or if you want to go to the first unread post click on the box with an upwards arrow.

As I said I'm sure you already know but i thought i'd say anyway......

cool, i didnt know that!

but this first unread post... unread by who...how would the computer know which ones ive read???

and say youve been away for a couple of days- and know a thread was on page 4 when you leaft - when you return you'll want to read from page 4.... but it takes ages.

love Katy ***
It'sPhil...
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think unread by you, on your computer (don't hold me to this though). I'm pretty sure it goes to the first post that has been posted after the last time you viewed the thread (if that makes any sense??), although this new system has screwed it up on my computer and I have to read some right from the start...ah well
d
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
my suggestions are littered all over the place, and some are being ignored. so now, d knows exactly where to look for everyones suggestions.

1) put a page 2,3,4,5 thing at the top of the page as well as the bottom, ive read the first page of most discussions a million times. and i need to get onto page 13 quicker!!

2) make pm quicker, at the mo we have to go throu loads of crap to get to it, you could just out a button next to the cp button.

love Katy ***
Thanks, Katy, these have both been done.
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

love Katy ***
Now that is nice

Also, I don't know if you've always been able to do this but the quote tags are different with this, say if you want a second quote tag further in your text, all you do is open a pair of square brackets, write quote= and name of the person you're quoting, and you skip past having to write "Originally posted by (person)", cos it puts it there for you, plus the quote tags automatically formats the quotation for you now, so you don't have to specify you want italic or bold. Very handy.

(Original post by d)

Thanks Katy, both of these have been done
Supply and demand again.
Dam
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The recent posts below the four categories is a good idea, but unless it shows at least 24 hours worth of new posts then you still have to browse all the categories.
d
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Dam)
The recent posts below the four categories is a good idea, but unless it shows at least 24 hours worth of new posts then you still have to browse all the categories.
I'll try and do this now. BTW, is this the major issue for everyone? Or is it something else?
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by d)
I'll try and do this now. BTW, is this the major issue for everyone? Or is it something else?
From what I can make of peoples general feelings from this thread, people aren't liking the split too much, as it increases the click-factor by 4 fold when trying to navigate the forum.

(Original post by Dam)
The recent posts below the four categories is a good idea, but unless it shows at least 24 hours worth of new posts then you still have to browse all the categories
I agree with Dam's sentiments; and reading between the lines, the fix to Dam's grievence is putting up the forum in the old format, directly below the forum in the new format !

Calls for a members only poll me thinks.
d
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Expression)

Calls for a members only poll me thinks.
Changes made, poll will be posted.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (345)
34.6%
No (652)
65.4%

Watched Threads